Axis X-L2 Double Pedal

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Instead of a Ddrum Defiant double bass drum set (Which I've been told os horrible), I'm looking at an Axis longboard double pedal. But I have one question about them. What is the difference between XL-2s and AL-2s? I know the AL2s come with the Sonic Hammer beaters, but is that the only difference?
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:18 am

the A's have a variable drive lever. the X's are fixed.
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:05 pm

yup, doesn't the X also have a wider footboard?
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Well I'm getting the A's for christmas! Lucky me! :mrgreen:

xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:21 pm

Brother_Bong wrote:yup, doesn't the X also have a wider footboard?

my A longboard footboard and my X non-longboard footboard are both the same width. The footboards on my older model A non-longboard double pedal are skinnier. Go figure
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:27 pm

xdoseonex wrote:
Brother_Bong wrote:yup, doesn't the X also have a wider footboard?

my A longboard footboard and my X non-longboard footboard are both the same width. The footboards on my older model A non-longboard double pedal are skinnier. Go figure

Well, would you say that Axis AL2's could probably improve my bass drumming? Right now I have a cheap $120 Dixon single chain drive double pedal, the absolute cheapest one I could find. I've read reviews of them helping people who used to play Iron Cobras so I figure it would have to help me. Am I right?

Howepirate

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:04 am

Pedals will never improve your drumming.

You will.
masonvonritchie
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:10 am

They won't improve your drumming, but they will allow you to progress further than you would with your crappy pedals.
WANTED: Tama Starclassic B/B!

Pacific CX Series kit
Pork Pie Little Squealer 13x7
Zildjian A Customs, Z custom
Wuhan China
DW5002AD
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:17 pm

Howepirate wrote:Pedals will never improve your drumming.

Yeah I worded that wrong. masonvonritchie got what I meant. I know that I'm not gonna put the pedals up and automatically increase my abilities. I should have said could they help improve my drumming.

You will.

masonvonritchie wrote:They won't improve your drumming, but they will allow you to progress further than you would with your crappy pedals.

That's what I meant. Those pedals are heavy, cumbersome, cheap, and they even feel like theyre holding me back.

Howepirate

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:26 pm

metldrummer2112 wrote:
Howepirate wrote:Pedals will never improve your drumming.

Yeah I worded that wrong. masonvonritchie got what I meant. I know that I'm not gonna put the pedals up and automatically increase my abilities. I should have said could they help improve my drumming.

You will.

masonvonritchie wrote:They won't improve your drumming, but they will allow you to progress further than you would with your crappy pedals.

That's what I meant. Those pedals are heavy, cumbersome, cheap, and they even feel like theyre holding me back.

I've been playing my Axis X longboards for over a year now and I can go just as fast on other pedals. In fact, since I didn't happen to have tools to fix the stupid pedals, I had to use someones Eliminators and I used their settings with maximum spring tension and could go just as fast.
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:12 pm

I'm not buying them for speed. That takes time and practice no matter what pedals you use. I'm buying them for the feel of the drive. I don't really feel the need to go 300 bpm nor do I really want to. I want them because they're going to be way smoother and have a better feel than the absolute cheapest double pedal I've ever seen. My pedals are so heavy that I have some trouble keeping blast beats acurate, but I've done it on other pedals. I want feel and consistancy.

So, in THAT aspect, could they help with my improvement?

Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:00 pm

They will respond to your feet better than a poorly engineered and constructed pedal
Verify our range to target, one ping only…
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Empyrean Drums wrote:They will respond to your feet better than a poorly engineered and constructed pedal

That's what I want. I was thinking about getting some Elims first but I figure if I can afford these I might as well get them.

I'm not buying them as the cure all fix to my drumming. I just want some good pedals :mrgreen:

xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:59 pm

metldrummer2112 wrote:I'm not buying them for speed. That takes time and practice no matter what pedals you use. I'm buying them for the feel of the drive. I don't really feel the need to go 300 bpm nor do I really want to. I want them because they're going to be way smoother and have a better feel than the absolute cheapest double pedal I've ever seen. My pedals are so heavy that I have some trouble keeping blast beats acurate, but I've done it on other pedals. I want feel and consistancy.

theyre help a bit. they're be smoother and more consistand. that will make playing the parts easier on you. but they arent gonna improve your drumming at all.
For what my double bass advice is worth, i'd say don't even buy them untill you can fly on the pedals you have now.
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:36 pm

xdoseonex wrote:
metldrummer2112 wrote:I'm not buying them for speed. That takes time and practice no matter what pedals you use. I'm buying them for the feel of the drive. I don't really feel the need to go 300 bpm nor do I really want to. I want them because they're going to be way smoother and have a better feel than the absolute cheapest double pedal I've ever seen. My pedals are so heavy that I have some trouble keeping blast beats acurate, but I've done it on other pedals. I want feel and consistancy.

theyre help a bit. they're be smoother and more consistand. that will make playing the parts easier on you. but they arent gonna improve your drumming at all.

That's all I care about.

And by improve, I just meant make the playing easier so I have more room to improve