50%
Axis Longboards
50%

Total votes: 14
Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Metal Fatigue isn't really like someone just stomps on it and it breaks, aluminum doesn't have to come close to being over-loaded to break. Even vibrations can cause a part to fail without any abuse.
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:56 pm

nightcrawler_steve wrote:
Hack_and_Slash wrote:Here is the thread someone mentioned.
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showt ... hp?t=60291

Thanks for posting that. It was an interesting and informative read, though I didnt read all 60+ pages. Im pretty confident I would never break a footboard, but if I did, Ive got spares until I could get DW to replace it.

Howie. The guy said he didnt like the pedal and he gave a reason why. Cant it just be left at that? If he hates them, that is valid. I dont see that as dissing them. He likes Cobras....fair enough and good for him. You dont know how long he spent trying to get use to them. What is a proper adjustment period to him may not be the same as yours. Accept that and move on with it. You like Axis....fair enough. Your opinion is duly noted on this board.

Please dont get this thread locked and deleted.

all he said was that there was that ais pedals take some getting used too. I would have said the same thing. wheres the problem?
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:01 pm

I have 2 sets of axis pedals and I play dw 9000's for around an hour every day at work. I like the 9000's almost as much as my axis. theyre solid, responsive, smooth, and just some of the all around nicest pedals you can buy. I would have no problem using a set of 9000's instead of my axis. Cobras, eliminators, flying dragons, intruders I woudn't be cause dead playing. Some pedals i would love to try are the pacific BOA, the trick bigfoot, drumnetics, and the gibraltar catapult
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
nightcrawler_steve
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:35 pm

Dose. He deleted one of his posts. Not sure what else I can say. There is no problem.

Was hoping to see this thread stay on track because it's good discussion and civil. Maybe you missed all the threads that got DELETED over the weekend.

Reasonable enough? :)
ODERY / DW / DUNNETT / PAISTE / ZILDJIAN / SABIAN
----------------------------------------------------------------
Joshua6393
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:15 am

It's personal preference, I know I normally go for something I like the feel of straight away rather than something I think I have to adapt to. That way i know it suits how I play.

I agree with you there to be honest...I tried the ironcobra pedals before getting the dw and I couldt get use to them it seemed impossible, were as the dw9000 was just rite I got useto it the second I started playing it! and also the adjustability of the 9000 is just amazing! any setting you want it has and if it doesnt then your just orcward hahaha Joking

Joshua
Scrogs
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 am

Empyrean Drums wrote:Image

I've been playin DW pedals since the beginning, I never would have imagined that possible. Though, most of my pedals
never got more that a year or so old before trading them off. Those were some wicked pics.
Joshua6393
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:51 am

it never really accured to me about the plae snapping but...

that picture of the snapped plate is from an old 5000 series and also you might say that you know of dw9000 pedals that have snapped but if your a heavy footed player you would go for the dw8000 series as its designed to take a beating! the dw9000 is made to be lite and adjile for faster performance and a smooth action
because of the lite parts it is therefore not particularly as strong as the dw8000 if that makes sence :S

Joshua
Joshua6393
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:48 am

Hey guys, I know this forum hasnt been posted in for a while but have any of you had problems with the drive that goes between the two pedals breaking?
The hinge on mne has broke twice!
Let me know :D