daeth metal/deathcore iron cobras

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

Howepirate

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:28 am

TheYardstick wrote:
Howepirate wrote:Don't let ANYONE EVER criticize you for what you're doing.

And this is exactly why you're impossible and can't take criticism.

What?

I've never posted anything of my own personal playing besides some band vids?

What criticism?
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:40 am

Let's just make this easy and say every argument you've ever been in.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
Howepirate

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:57 pm

TheYardstick wrote:Let's just make this easy and say every argument you've ever been in.

Cute.
randomdrum
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:16 am

So what were we talking about? Ah yeah, Iraq.
Random Hand
Me!!

Mapex Drums
DW8000 Pedals
Sabian Cymbals
Vater Sticks
Devindrummer12
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:10 am

TheYardstick wrote:
Devindrummer12 wrote:
rigemeister wrote:Cynic's Sean Reinert uses Iron Cobras, and he plays some progressive/technical/jazz death metal. If you haven't heard him, you're missing out.

Cyninc's not bad, I think they try to copy to Opeth to be honest, but they really don't have any drum parts that coincide with Death metal/core drumming, at least that I've ever heard.

Really, blisteringly fast double bass has really only been a recent trend, you generally won't find 16ths at 200+BPM in early DM.

Nah, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree. What about Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Morbid Angel, ect. They hit with some pretty effing fast songs and this was like late 80's early 90's.
Devindrummer12
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:11 am

Howepirate wrote:It's not a technique ><! Lol, if you're talking about what George Kollias does, he'll tell you that he uses the ankles technique. The swivel is just a natural movement he gets into at high speeds for long durations

George actually wrote on my forum saying: "Hey man, one question:
When you try to play fast with your hands you accidentally use fingers, or Moeller etc. What's all these?
And about swivel use it when I want and as much as I want, which means I can control the motion. It DOESN'T happen by accident...
Do you know how many from here and every forum are posting saying, "swivel is not a technique, it happens by accident" and after one week are trying to get into it? Also, they are doing it wrong, no control...
So maybe we all have to think about it twice?"

His english is terrible when typed, but you get the point. It really is a technique and he acknowledges it as such. Just saying.
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 am

Devindrummer12 wrote:Nah, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree. What about Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Morbid Angel, ect. They hit with some pretty effing fast songs and this was like late 80's early 90's.

It wasn't a focal point for the most part. Death rarely had double bass dominate the song, and the bass drums generally were low in the mix. And the focus wasn't on breaking the 200BPM barrier, it was all about providing the backbone.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
Devindrummer12
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:43 am

TheYardstick wrote:
Devindrummer12 wrote:Nah, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree. What about Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Morbid Angel, ect. They hit with some pretty effing fast songs and this was like late 80's early 90's.

It wasn't a focal point for the most part. Death rarely had double bass dominate the song, and the bass drums generally were low in the mix. And the focus wasn't on breaking the 200BPM barrier, it was all about providing the backbone.

Now I can come to an agreement on that, it wasn't what the entire song was about like today, but they were pretty freaking fast with some of those older bands.