Question

Aquarian, Evans, Remo etc. All about drumheads.

Moderator: Moderators

lucaci
new
new

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:06 am

Is it true that Remo Heads last longer than Evans Heads or Aquarian Heads? And related to this I was wodering what kind of heads do you sugest for a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage drum set.(by the way I am from Romania and my english writing isn't that good so please don't mind the mistakes)
wmpdrummer13
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:01 am

Actually your writing is better than most of us Americans! But regarding the heads I really havent noticed a significant difference in how long they last. What kind of music do you play? You could really use any head head combo on that drum set, depends more about what kind of sound you are going for. The brand and series of the drums doesnt really make a difference on what type of drum head you will use. Unfortunatly you will just have to experiment and find the combos that fit you the best.

Tama Rockstar Custom, Zildjian A Customs and A series cymbals, Paiste, Sabian, Wuhan, Promark Japanese Oak, Remo and Evans Heads, DW hardware, Pearl Icon Rack, DW 8002 pedals
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:27 am

I've had issues with Evans heads going dead quicker than other brands. Remo heads are inconsistent on occasion, so you need to check em out before purchase. Other than that, nothing I've noticed.
lucaci
new
new

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 am

wmpdrummer13 wrote:Actually your writing is better than most of us Americans! But regarding the heads I really havent noticed a significant difference in how long they last. What kind of music do you play? You could really use any head head combo on that drum set, depends more about what kind of sound you are going for. The brand and series of the drums doesnt really make a difference on what type of drum head you will use. Unfortunatly you will just have to experiment and find the combos that fit you the best.

I play rock sometimes, praise and worship most of the time, and recently I am trying to lurn jazz, but that is hard because I am kind of a beginer.