remo emperor vs evans ec2

Aquarian, Evans, Remo etc. All about drumheads.

Moderator: Moderators

tero
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:34 pm

it's time i change my drumheads....been a long winter, the drumset was in a room with no heating except for practice and now my ec2's are a mess. pity...only 2 months old. i wanna ask you which one with u prefer. I have a tama superstar drum set. i am asking this because i only have a small amount of money and i don't want to regret something. I really love the ec2's but how are the emperors on this drum set?

thanks a lot.
Tama Superstar Fusion Set
Remo Emperor/Ambasador
Remo EmperorX/Hazy 250
Remo Powersonic
Pro-Mark 747B, Pro-Mark Jason Bonham Signature
Paiste 2002 and Zildjian A Custom
Gibraltar Thorne
Tama Iron Cobra Rolling Glide Double Pedal.
SGarrett

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Well, they don't really compare to each other at all because the EC2 is a premuffled head where the Emperor isn't. Personally, I have a high dislike for Evans heads even though they do tend to have good tone when new. They just don't hold their tuning well enough.

That said, finding your own sound takes experimentation, which means that you'll have to find out what doesn't work before you find what does work. :)
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
tero
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:11 am

i ordered the emperor-ambasador combination. hope i will like them. the ec2 are too dead....no resonance at all. i would like a litte more ring.
Remo Emperor/Ambasador
Remo EmperorX/Hazy 250
Remo Powersonic
Gibraltar Thorne
Aleks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:33 am

I found that Remo Pinstripes were a little more resonant than the EC2's in direct side by side comparison on my set (I was deciding).....You may find the emp's to be a little too open, and you'll likely be moongelling if you're used to damped heads......You could counter it a bit by going with coated emp's instead of clears.......Make sense?
SGarrett

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:17 am

tero wrote:i ordered the emperor-ambasador combination. hope i will like them. the ec2 are too dead....no resonance at all. i would like a litte more ring.

Like I said, finding your own sound takes experimentation and time.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
tero
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:15 am

wow..that's exactly the sound i want. they do the job perfectly. i am glad i tried them. a fat sound, resonant ...perfect.
Remo Emperor/Ambasador
Remo EmperorX/Hazy 250
Remo Powersonic
Gibraltar Thorne
SGarrett

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:38 am

Right on. :)
bigtone23
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Cool. That's my fave combo-2-ply batters over single-ply resos.