Pinestripes vs G2

Aquarian, Evans, Remo etc. All about drumheads.

Moderator: Moderators

Pinestripes or G2?

Pinestripes
21%
G2
79%

Total votes: 19
kansasdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:45 am

thats a hard question to answer. Ive played a gretsch renown maple with G2s on it. sounded amazing. put g2s on my pdp fs birch and hated the sound. ive used pinstripes on a few kits, and wasent disapointed. Currently im using Ec2 coateds on my pdp, and i dont like the sound of them on it either. Im picky as hell when it comes to how my drums sound.
caution36877
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:56 pm

i like pinestripes. ive never used g2's. but ive had my pinestripes on for like 4 years. and they are still in good condition. nothing wrong with them. but i have to say the snare head didn't last long. i've had to change out on those alot.
Llama_Dude
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:13 pm

I've used both. It just depends on the sound your going for. G2''s are cleareer with alot more resonace. The Pinstripes give a nice low 'thump' sound that I love on my floor toms.
"Your gonna blow the amp man, and blowing is NOT cool!!!"- My Bassist
possumofdestruction
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:28 pm

i like pinestripes. ive never used g2's. but ive had my pinestripes on for like 4 years. and they are still in good condition. nothing wrong with them. but i have to say the snare head didn't last long. i've had to change out on those alot.

O.O
bash, bang, slam, whatever, yeah, ima drummer.