Evans EMAD Coated Bass Drumhead

Aquarian, Evans, Remo etc. All about drumheads.

Moderator: Moderators

Codymunzert
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:27 pm
Location: Middletown, De

Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:24 pm

anyone everused one? im curious to know if this is a good bass drum head. i'm also looking at an evans EMAD bass drum reso head with porthole. any good?
"Truth is like the sun. You can make it go away for a while, but it ain't goin nowhere."
-Elvis Presley
AmnestysLowEnd
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Miami, Fl

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:03 pm

The emads are great, both resos and batters but the coating is to much imo.
7 piece Pearl EXR
Saluda cymbals
Codymunzert
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:27 pm
Location: Middletown, De

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:42 pm

AmnestysLowEnd wrote:The emads are great, both resos and batters but the coating is to much imo.


what do you mean the coating is too much?
"Truth is like the sun. You can make it go away for a while, but it ain't goin nowhere."
-Elvis Presley
disrupt13
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: Detroit Mi

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:17 pm

If you don't mind me reccomending me a kick skin, you have an export also? Try a aquarian superkick 2, I have a evans eq3 for the reso.

But try a superkick man, I have one on mine for 3 years and it was still good.
Codymunzert
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:27 pm
Location: Middletown, De

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:08 pm

i'll look into it! thanks for all the advice!
"Truth is like the sun. You can make it go away for a while, but it ain't goin nowhere."
-Elvis Presley
AmnestysLowEnd
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Miami, Fl

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:53 pm

Codymunzert wrote:
AmnestysLowEnd wrote:The emads are great, both resos and batters but the coating is to much imo.


what do you mean the coating is too much?


It makes the kick sound lifeless,its to much muffling. Coatings will help control high overtones which are vital in creating a nice round sound and between the Emad system and the coating its stupid dry.

The Aquarian SK's are great as well but I prefer the SK I not the SK II again because the two ply head and muffling seem like too much to me.
7 piece Pearl EXR
Saluda cymbals
Codymunzert
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:27 pm
Location: Middletown, De

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:58 pm

AmnestysLowEnd wrote:
Codymunzert wrote:
AmnestysLowEnd wrote:The emads are great, both resos and batters but the coating is to much imo.


what do you mean the coating is too much?


It makes the kick sound lifeless,its to much muffling. Coatings will help control high overtones which are vital in creating a nice round sound and between the Emad system and the coating its stupid dry.

The Aquarian SK's are great as well but I prefer the SK I not the SK II again because the two ply head and muffling seem like too much to me.


ahh i understand
"Truth is like the sun. You can make it go away for a while, but it ain't goin nowhere."
-Elvis Presley