Great snare exercise for diddles and paradiddles

Post drum lessons here! Share your talents, give some tips, or get new tips and learn to play new stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

drummert2k

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:19 pm

This improved my diddle quality and control in less than a week. make sure you stay controlled though and really nail those accents and i recommend using a metronome for this. the click actually really lays into the grooves of the accents nicely! just wanted to share so hopefully it can help someone else like it helped me.

killdrum1983
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:07 am

drummert2k wrote:This improved my diddle quality and control in less than a week. make sure you stay controlled though and really nail those accents and i recommend using a metronome for this. the click actually really lays into the grooves of the accents nicely! just wanted to share so hopefully it can help someone else like it helped me.

Hey hi what kinda excersise is it like LRLL RLRR LRLL RLRR?
drummert2k

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:18 am

not quite sure what you're asking but it is a paradiddle and doubles exercise with the accents also being an important factor. all the sticking to be used are under the notes.
killdrum1983
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:10 am

drummert2k wrote:not quite sure what you're asking but it is a paradiddle and doubles exercise with the accents also being an important factor. all the sticking to be used are under the notes.

Well first of all thx for the reply ;)

i meant with the sitcks L (Left arm) R (Right arm) i'm not sure i'm playin it right i've been playing drums for one year right now and i'm from belgium so the name aren't the same for us it's a bit hard for us but anyway this is how i do actually^^... it works on my bracelet it's improving a lot but i'm not sure i'm doing this right lol

This is how i do it and i also do it with my legs for my double kick :

LRLL RLRR LRLL RLRR
RLRR LRLL RLLR LRLL
LLRR LLRR LLRR LLRR
RRLL RRLL RRLL RRLL

I also wanna thank you for the previous post you all add i read them and it helped me a lot like the parradiddle for the bass drum and stuff :)

Thanks a lot for the help :)
drummert2k

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:28 pm

yeah, the R is your right hand and the L is your left hand. the only reason it shows what hand to use is becuase the sticking is the main part of tis exercise.
killdrum1983
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:49 am

drummert2k wrote:yeah, the R is your right hand and the L is your left hand. the only reason it shows what hand to use is becuase the sticking is the main part of tis exercise.

oki so i'm doing good :) lol i'm doing this every morning and evening as soon as i come back from work and it's a really great exercise :)

i'm doing this also for my double kick and it's great :)

i just went out of studio with my band and i found my parts horrible and not in time so i decided to use everytime a metronome and this has improved me a lot a really fast, this has to done by everybody i think....

I also found a good exercise for the rolling parts beetween the snare and the toms. I'm going from snare to tom 1 and from tom 1 to tom 3 and i'm going 1,2 1,2 ; 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4) don't know if it's good explained but this is how i do and it's also a great excercise.

All this done with a metronome starting from 60 to upper when i feel it good :)

thanks to all of you for the replies and the advices i love this website :)
65Premier
new
new

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:36 pm

Thanks for sharing the SPARETIME exercise. I am getting geared up to start giving lessons again and am always looking for good exercises for myself as well as the students.