help out a noob

Post drum lessons here! Share your talents, give some tips, or get new tips and learn to play new stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

shanemunzert
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:31 pm

i try to take people that are better then me that i know and use them as an inspiration to practice harder and play better, and soon hey maybe you'll be the better one
drummerkid101
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:27 pm

shanemunzert wrote:i try to take people that are better then me that i know and use them as an inspiration to practice harder and play better, and soon hey maybe you'll be the better one

haha lets hope so, my friend!

allright, im gonna start working on the vic firth rudiments alot more, and im gonna order a few sticking books tonight. anyone got anymore useful tips?
alexfoxx
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Hey Drummerkid! You have awesome speed and so much potential it isn't even funny. I've been a hobbiest drummer for over 4 years and can't touch what you do speed-wise. And you're so young! I'm 47 and don't have nearly as much time as you do to get better.

You got some great advice from these guys. I just wanted to add maybe getting a groove book/DVD like Tommy Igoe's Groove Essentials. Really great material.

Good luck, and don't ever give up. You have natural talent.
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:57 pm

This won't be the only plateau you reach, there will be more. Just do what drummers do best.........be stubborn. Refuse to stay idle, refuse failure at all levels, and the rest will flow. Good luck bro.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT