jason snare

All about vintage drums, cymbals, hardware etc.

Moderator: Moderators

jason snare

Postby antiunderscores » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:52 pm

hey, i was just looking on ebay and came across a jason snare, its dirt cheap now ubt has 5 days to go and was just wondering if i should even be interested in it, u guys ever heard of that brand? its made in japan if that helps.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/vintage-snare-drum_W0QQitemZ160232479260QQihZ006QQcategoryZ38092QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
theres a very long link to it.
Zildjian, Wuhan & Istanbul cymbals
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
Steve's Back! ..............kinda
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

jason snare

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Postby zen_drummer » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:00 pm

20 bucks might be a little high for that... I'd pass
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Postby antiunderscores » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:58 pm

zen_drummer wrote:20 bucks might be a little high for that... I'd pass
but remember its AUD so that would be about 15-17 US, but are u basically trying to say its crap?
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Postby xdoseonex » Fri May 02, 2008 6:38 pm

antiunderscores wrote:
zen_drummer wrote:20 bucks might be a little high for that... I'd pass
but remember its AUD so that would be about 15-17 US, but are u basically trying to say its crap?

it is japanese
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Postby zen_drummer » Fri May 02, 2008 8:52 pm

That drum sold for AU $82.75 ...

What is that in US dollars, about 65 bucks?

That's INSANE!

There must be a REAL shortage of drums in Australia!
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Postby antiunderscores » Sat May 03, 2008 2:50 pm

zen_drummer wrote:That drum sold for AU $82.75 ...

That's INSANE!

There's not so much a shortage of drums, but vintage drums, certainly. There is a smaller population and i certainly think a MUCH smaller music population, let in this era, let alone previous eras. But we can get the crappy kits over here that are imported from china (not anything against kits that are made in china) but because it is EXTREMELY hard to get certain timbers over here the top quality instruments are actually made in countries like america and then imported but because there isnt a huge demand for them over here i think the importation jacks up the price a lot because they are not on mass and there is more demand in america than australia.
And to that guy that said it IS japanese, theres nothing wrong with japanese anything, for instance japanese cars and motors are brilliant!
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Postby rufus4dagruv » Sat May 03, 2008 4:18 pm

antiunderscores wrote:

That's INSANE!

There's not so much a shortage of drums, but vintage drums, certainly. There is a smaller population and i certainly think a MUCH smaller music population, let in this era, let alone previous eras. But we can get the crappy kits over here that are imported from china (not anything against kits that are made in china) but because it is EXTREMELY hard to get certain timbers over here the top quality instruments are actually made in countries like america and then imported but because there isnt a huge demand for them over here i think the importation jacks up the price a lot because they are not on mass and there is more demand in america than australia.
And to that guy that said it IS japanese, theres nothing wrong with japanese anything, for instance japanese cars and motors are brilliant!

Honestly man, Zen's right. Just because something's old doesn't mean it's good. From 1 lousy pic of the drum, the hardware is obviously beat. Any idea what kind of condition those bearing edges are in? How are the individual plies holding up? Hey, it MAY sound okay, possibly good, but there is NO information in that auction that would give any serious or knowledgeable drum buyer or collector any reason to jump at that drum. The risk/reward ratio on that drum DOES NOT warrant bidding on it.

The winner of the auction looks like he likes buying crappy old drums, though. Hey Zen, got any old clunkers laying around any more? Looks like this guy pays top dollar! Haha!
rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Postby zen_drummer » Sat May 03, 2008 8:08 pm

rufus4dagruv wrote:The winner of the auction looks like he likes buying crappy old drums, though. Hey Zen, got any old clunkers laying around any more? Looks like this guy pays top dollar! Haha!

I've picked up better drums than that one out of DUMPSTERS!

I don't understand the comment about australia having a lack of quality drums... BRADY drums are amongst the finest drums made!
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Postby xdoseonex » Sat May 03, 2008 10:55 pm

antiunderscores wrote:

That's INSANE!

cheap shit is made in japan. doesnt mean all japanese products are shit. but that snare is a piece of grade a japanese shit.
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Postby antiunderscores » Sun May 04, 2008 2:38 am

xdoseonex wrote:
antiunderscores wrote:

That's INSANE!

cheap shit is made in japan. doesnt mean all japanese products are shit. but that snare is a piece of grade a japanese shit.
fair enough, im jsut saying that shouldnt be the main backing in ur reason, besides, the best BOSS effects were made in Japan
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Postby xdoseonex » Sun May 04, 2008 6:00 am

antiunderscores wrote:
xdoseonex wrote:
antiunderscores wrote:

That's INSANE!

fair enough, im jsut saying that shouldnt be the main backing in ur reason, besides, the best BOSS effects were made in Japan

yeah, it was half a joke, half seriouse
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Postby antiunderscores » Mon May 05, 2008 12:04 am

xdoseonex wrote:
antiunderscores wrote:
xdoseonex wrote:
antiunderscores wrote:

That's INSANE!

yeah, it was half a joke, half seriouse
ok then, i apologize for any offense my reaction may have caused and i hope this hasent affected out otherwise strong friendship
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Return to Vintage Drums