The Official Triggers Thread

Roland TD, Yamaha DTX, Alesis DM5, Simmson etc. All about electronic drum sets.

Moderator: Moderators

Howepirate

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:47 am

xdoseonex wrote:
Howepirate wrote:
xdoseonex wrote:

Not to mention, it literally is impossible to play above 240 bpm at full volume for more than 30 seconds.

its litterally impossible to play 240 bpms at full volume period

Hmmm... well if you know anything about the new deathcore movement. There is a song by As Blood Runs Black called "My Fears Have Become Phobias" that happens to be untriggered. I watched him play it live and actually sat behind him on a stage. The dbl bass roll at the end is disgustingly fast and he did it with ease and an absolute ton of power.[/quote]

I saw them live. The drummer was mega-triggered[/quote]

Wrong drummer then. I meant their original one, Leche.

I sat right behing him like, literally. I could have reached out and touched him.

He kicked the shit outta that bassdrum in that roll. Harder than I would dare play my poor 3 year old EMAD haha.
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Are triggers used mostly in metal or do alot of diffrent style players use them?
Hey My names Dave
Slingerland, Yamaha, and Mapex drums
Saluda Cymbals
I want a Medicine Man Snare

Visit http://www.myspace.com/onceforgotten18 and listen to their new song Our Darkest Desires!
Manzo
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:06 pm

when you trigger a drum, you need to run the chord from:

trigger --> module --> PA system

correct? what type of chord is used?
Manzo
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:07 pm

when you trigger a drum, you need to run the chord from:

Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:17 pm

Manzo wrote:when you trigger a drum, you need to run the chord from:

Usually 1/4" or XLR signal/instrument cables, depending on the trigger, module and PA/Mixer.
Manzo
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am

when you buy a trigger, does it come with the cable that connects from the trigger, into the module, and into the PA system/amp???

thanks
Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:57 am

Manzo wrote:when you buy a trigger, does it come with the cable that connects from the trigger, into the module, and into the PA system/amp???

thanks

No, you will have to purchase cables seperately.
k0staZ
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:07 am

So, you can put a trigger on the acoustic set and make it fusion, or standard and change the drums' sound????
How many things you have to buy to use them???
drummerfreek55
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu May 08, 2008 10:23 am

I understand the basics of how to hook them up to the module and how they function. I'm interested solely in the bass drum triggers. What has to be done (per tightening/dampening) to make sure the triggers work effectively? i.e. no double triggering
Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Post Thu May 08, 2008 10:36 am

drummerfreek55 wrote:I understand the basics of how to hook them up to the module and how they function. I'm interested solely in the bass drum triggers. What has to be done (per tightening/dampening) to make sure the triggers work effectively? i.e. no double triggering

Most triggering problems can be solved with trigger placement and setting parameters. They need some adjustment everytime you change settings, but its not difficult.
I have 22" bass drums with Remo PS3 heads and no muffling or pillows. I had problems with one of my bass drums because I had a tom mounted in it so I built a small muffle out of an L bracket and foam that I mounted on the inside of my drum against the head where the trigger mounted; it solved my cross talk problem but now that I have a rack I probably don't need it.
Most guys at least run some kind of muffling in their bass drums, you really just got to play around with them.
Howepirate

Post Thu May 08, 2008 2:44 pm

Or if you have axis pedals, you can use the E-kits to trigger your pedals instead of your drums completely eliminating cross talk and double-triggering.
KKBDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:44 am

m wrote:
xdoseonex wrote:you forgto the triggers that are like little pads that you double side tape, or velcro to te drum

contact, or adhesive, triggers. I mention them in my blog.

I've got a few of the contact style made by Pintech. Cheap, and problematic, I find. Best used, I think, if you set your parameters for heavy, single hits, otherwise these are very prone to false triggering, especially with loose tension on the head.
I don't use them anymore.

What trigger's can you reccommend?
Also, if I don't have a mixer or PA system, will any decent venue provide for me?
http://www.myspace.com/paidinblooduk
MUSIC UP SOON
Tama
Vic Firth
Sabian
OPEN FOR ENDORSEMENTS:D
m
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:25 pm

KKBDrummer wrote:What trigger's can you reccommend?
Also, if I don't have a mixer or PA system, will any decent venue provide for me?

The Rolands and Ddrums are well-respected. I've had no trouble w/ my Rolands.

I don't know how UK venues are, but I would NEVER trust or expect them to have what you're going to need.
ALWAYS have what you need to get your sound prepared beforehand. Or contact the venue ahead of time to confirm what's available