Trigger Basics

Roland TD, Yamaha DTX, Alesis DM5, Simmson etc. All about electronic drum sets.

Moderator: Moderators

Mikkey
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:51 pm

Howepirate wrote:Umm were speaking in 16th notes dude. Nobody plays 300 bpm 16ths. Nobody.
Besides heel-toers

So now I really don't know what the hell is being discussed here anymore. The ad nauseam "on the other hand and on the other hand..." arguing makes the logic of an argument hard to follow. So far the the issues of triggering in general, double bass past 240bpm, and playing it in 16th notes as well as kick style have all been conflated here into one single argument and I was only addressing two specifics that weren't necessarily mutually inclusive. My comment wasn't 16th note specific and really had to do more with bass drum sound in general, but since the issue of kick style was mentioned the recording was done heel-toe I believe. It was seven years ago and wasn't really that important so I don't really give it much thought.
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:36 pm

I have a feeling that the word "triggers" is going to rank up there with the word "groove" EH?
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

dave lynch
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:41 pm

Before some of you were bore I made triggers out of walkman headphones and plugged them into my simmons Brain and taped them to my kick and snare..There's no doubt that it dose help your consistency in attack..if you hit a little light you'll still get the same power as if you hit hard...That's not a bad thing, it's just another tool..!!
Not into all that competetive who's better crap..Just love to have fun when I drum..!! <|:O)

www.myspace.com/70275304