cheap electric drum pads

Roland TD, Yamaha DTX, Alesis DM5, Simmson etc. All about electronic drum sets.

Moderator: Moderators

GrimReepher
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:25 pm

is it possible to put triggers in remo practice pads and use em as electric pads? Cause those black and red remo pads have triggers on them for the Drumometer.. I was wondering that, and if so could you hook the triggers(even for acoustic drums with triggers) to a laptop and some how get the sounds from say VST or MIDI kits? If so let me know, I am interested in this.
Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:38 am

GrimReepher wrote:is it possible to put triggers in remo practice pads and use em as electric pads? Cause those black and red remo pads have triggers on them for the Drumometer.. I was wondering that, and if so could you hook the triggers(even for acoustic drums with triggers) to a laptop and some how get the sounds from say VST or MIDI kits? If so let me know, I am interested in this.

The Drumopads have a metal plate and extra foam padding along with a trigger. I made a couple out of the Grey remo pads, but after the cost of the Pad, Trigger, and Steel Plate (not to mention the time to fabricate) it's just cheaper to buy one from Drumdial