Personal amp / monitor

Roland TD, Yamaha DTX, Alesis DM5, Simmson etc. All about electronic drum sets.

Moderator: Moderators

Personal amp / monitor

Postby dannydrumperc » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi. I really need a personal amp / monitor for my Roland SPD-S - just can't stand any more going trough the PA and not hearing what I'm doing. Any suggestion? What are you using?
dannydrumperc
drumming adept
drumming adept

Personal amp / monitor

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Re: Personal amp / monitor

Postby wmpdrummer13 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:09 am

there is always wireless in-ear monitors. I use them with an acoustic set and I hear everyone really good. Or just buy yourself a wedge and use that.

Tama Rockstar Custom, Zildjian A Customs and A series cymbals, Paiste, Sabian, Wuhan, Promark Japanese Oak, Remo and Evans Heads, DW hardware, Pearl Icon Rack, DW 8002 pedals
wmpdrummer13
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby dannydrumperc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 am

Right now I'm using headphones for my Tama Rhythm Watch. I've though about using a small mixer to run the click and a mix from the PA, but I think that it could be better to have speaker so my bandmates could benefit too.

Last Saturday we played a show were I could barely hear my samples because of poor monitoring.
dannydrumperc
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby wmpdrummer13 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:44 pm

the mixer would be ideal but are you going to have your clicks playing through the monitor? I would say keep the setup that you have and buy a wedge that you can place next to you so you can hear the rest of the band. You are not going to want to have the clicks in the monitors.

Tama Rockstar Custom, Zildjian A Customs and A series cymbals, Paiste, Sabian, Wuhan, Promark Japanese Oak, Remo and Evans Heads, DW hardware, Pearl Icon Rack, DW 8002 pedals
wmpdrummer13
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby dannydrumperc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:58 pm

I ended buying a Roland CM-30 at a local music store for the same price advertised online. It has some good reviews and seems to fit my current needs. I'm eager to try it with the band on next practice.
dannydrumperc
drumming adept
drumming adept

Return to Electronic Drum Sets