Advice needed

Roland TD, Yamaha DTX, Alesis DM5, Simmson etc. All about electronic drum sets.

Moderator: Moderators

phantom1
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:18 am

Hello everyone.

I'm thinking of adding some pads and a DM5 module to my kit mainly just mainly for effects and extra sounds.I've never been too clued up on how to use the pads and modules.midi's etc... live and also how to hook them up when playing as I've always just used accoustic drums.

I've recently aquired 3 Simmons pads that were a bargain in a second hand drum shop but I've heard the DM5 module is more up to date and obviously better digital quality.

So what I need to know is how to connect it up so I can add the pads to my drumkit for a live gig situation and what would I need gearwise?(leads,monitor etc...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:22 pm

The DM5 has 1/4" connectors, most pads should plug right in. Any venue moderately equipped venue should be able to run it just like a keyboard or any other electronics. There's a headphone port you can use to monitor if you have no PA, or you can rig it into a stereo.
Verify our range to target, one ping only…
phantom1
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:56 am

Thanks.I'll get the DM5 first then start experimenting.
johnny nobody
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:46 pm

You will need a hefty monitor and amp to compete with the acoustic kit. If you settle for DM5 you might just go for a keyboard combo type amp.
Worlds Only ELECTRIC DRUMS

The only true electrically manipulated percussion. ELECTRO ACOUSTIC DRUMS can do what no other type can do. Fully controlled feed back and tones unattainable on ANY other kit or module!

www.youtube.com/electricdrums