Alesis DM4

Roland TD, Yamaha DTX, Alesis DM5, Simmson etc. All about electronic drum sets.

Moderator: Moderators

Alesis DM4

Postby iampoor » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:21 pm

SO I've seen these modules really cheap.

I want to trigger my bass drum, and am on well a budget (Look at my name lol)

Has anyone had any expierence with one?
I don't want to drop money on one.
And the reviws I've found arn't very helpful.
iampoor
drumming adept
drumming adept

Alesis DM4

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Re: Alesis DM4

Postby sam(otacon28) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:23 am

They're actually quite a good module and have been one of the standards in project studios in years past . They're obviously not gonna have all the advanced features and technology that some of the flagship modules have , but they don't have that effect on the wallet either . The Alesis D4 is one of those drum modules that has seemed to retain a certain value over the years and although isn't exactly cutting edge it still has alot of useful features and samples on it .

Also for another module that doesn't break the bank but gives you alot of useful features and sounds is the Yamaha DTXpress series ones . These usually have an affordable price tag too , and have alot of bang for the buck so to speak .

sam(otacon28)
Currently endorsed by Blastech drums & sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , & Music Star Wear musician apparel
sam(otacon28)
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby iampoor » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Thanks man.
That really helped out alot.

Is it true that the samples on the D4 are lower quality then the ones on the DM5?
iampoor
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby sam(otacon28) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:01 pm

I think the DM5 is pretty much just an expanded version of the D4 for the most part , so in some levels the sounds may be a bit more crisp sounding and some added ones . I have actually heard some guys say that they prefered the D4 over the DM5 though . Then I've heard others say the opposite .

sam(otacon28)
Currently endorsed by Blastech drums & sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , & Music Star Wear musician apparel
sam(otacon28)
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby iampoor » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:16 pm

sam(otacon28) wrote:I think the DM5 is pretty much just an expanded version of the D4 for the most part , so in some levels the sounds may be a bit more crisp sounding and some added ones . I have actually heard some guys say that they prefered the D4 over the DM5 though . Then I've heard others say the opposite .

sam(otacon28)

Oh ok
Thanks man.
I really need to try one out, lol.

Thanks for helping m out, I never would have a had a clue about that. :)
DO you know if there are any places where I might be able to find out more about the technical specs?
My searches havn't turned up much.
iampoor
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby sam(otacon28) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:57 am

I had a site bookmarked before that gave technical specs on several drum modules and even had some very useful side by side comparisions . I'll have to look through my folders and see if I can dig it up .

sam(otacon28)
sam(otacon28)
drumming adept
drumming adept

Return to Electronic Drum Sets