Recorded song volume

Roland TD, Yamaha DTX, Alesis DM5, Simmson etc. All about electronic drum sets.

Moderator: Moderators

Chuck1958
new
new

Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:24 pm

I've noticed when I try to play along with the built in songs in the DTXpress IV, I can barely hear my playing over the song. I've tried adjusting everything I can think of but am not having much luck. If I try to turn the volume up loud enough to hear my drums, the recorded song blows my eardrums out. Anyone else experience this?
Yamaha DTXpress IV V2
sam(otacon28)
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:28 am

There should be a setting in the utilities section of the module that allows you to drop the overall volume of the song volume on your module .

sam(otacon28)
Currently endorsed by Blastech drums & sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , & Music Star Wear musician apparel
Chuck1958
new
new

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:55 pm

sam(otacon28) wrote:There should be a setting in the utilities section of the module that allows you to drop the overall volume of the song volume on your module .

sam(otacon28)

I've gone through every utility screen I can find and nothing seems to help. When I start the song, I go to the song volume and set it all the way down to zero. But when I turn the master volume knob up to a point where I can hear my drum playing, the song volume is so loud it blows my ears out. I've gone through all Utility screens and there's nothing that seems to help. I've emailed Yammy support so maybe I'll get a clue from them. God, I hate the DTX manual. It's worthless.
Yamaha DTXpress IV V2