help a brother out!

General discussion about anything!

Moderator: Moderators

Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:39 pm

My band is planning on going on short tour next summer and this year we're doing it ourselves. We'll be going from Baltimore to Florida and make a loop back up in two weeks. I was wondering if anybody could give me any websites or contacts to clubs, venues, bars, or anything at all that might book a touring metal/hard rock band. I have a book full of contacts kind of like the indie bible and I know a few from looking stuff up, but the more the merrier! Any help at all would really be appreciated.

Last year we went through a booking agency and to say the least, it was far too expensive with little in return. We ended up having to book some of the shows ourselves and to put it lightly...I will never use the company again or recommend it.

thanks!!!!!!!
stump

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:04 am

I can probably get you into most of the venues in Columbia including our biggest venue Headliners. I know the owner and actually we are playing there tonite. I would ofcourse need a few weeks heads up. Hell we can do a show together if ya'll want to. Peace on ya!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:56 am

While I don't really have any contacts for Rock/Metal bands, I can make a suggestion; If you haven't already, pick up the Billboard Magazine Musician's Guide to Touring and Promotion. It has a ton of clubs listed with contact info.

Also, contacting other bands in the areas you are going to via Myspace could be very beneficial. Might even find a few places to crash along the way. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.
AmnestysLowEnd
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:59 am

In Miami there are a few clubs you could look for, Kaffe Krystal, Churchill's Pub (its pretty nasty), Studio A (its the most prestigious club to play), and Studio 3-in-1.
7 piece Pearl EXR
Saluda cymbals
Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:14 pm

AmnestysLowEnd wrote:In Miami there are a few clubs you could look for, Kaffe Krystal, Churchill's Pub (its pretty nasty), Studio A (its the most prestigious club to play), and Studio 3-in-1.

thanks! i'm gonna check them all out