Rock Band

General discussion about anything!

Moderator: Moderators

Emilio_Herce
new
new
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:58 pm
Location: Bronx, NY

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:57 pm

What do you guys think about rock band? ts amazing what Guitar hero has done for the guitar. It's brought rock back into the spotlight and I know people who have actually started playing guitar because of that game.
User avatar
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master
Posts: 4300
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: Maine

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:02 pm

Sorry bro, wrong category. Figured I would heads-up ya before the Mods move it.
I haven't played either, so I dunno.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Image
Gpunk76
beginner
beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:20 am
Location: Allentown, PA

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:30 am

I had a weird experiance with this game...instinctually i started it out on easy and you pretty much had to play to the visuals and not the song.

I was also told real drummers should play on hard/expert because it's more realistic.

So confusing, first song i tried to play was one of the new RHCP songs which are not so hard to stay in time with...and i was bombing every stroke, i KNOW my timing is flawless but i was bombing this game on easy....i realized i had to literally ignore what i was hearing and play to the screen. Once i figured that out, i liked the game even less.

I do like how this game is turning people onto drumming more, once someone gets basic right hand-foot co-ordination down it opens up a whole world of possibility and this game is making that very easy for a huge group of people. The future is coming, where you can learn to do anything by playing the right game, watching the right program, or taking the right pill.

Practice will be obsolete.
I don't like that.
User avatar
kylevater
groove master
groove master
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:33 am
Location: key west, fl

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:03 am

Bong wrote:Sorry bro, wrong category. Figured I would heads-up ya before the Mods move it.
I haven't played either, so I dunno.


mr bongwater how is this in the wrong category?
It's challenging you: Image
User avatar
Timekeep69
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:44 am

kylevater wrote:
Bong wrote:Sorry bro, wrong category. Figured I would heads-up ya before the Mods move it.
I haven't played either, so I dunno.


mr bongwater how is this in the wrong category?



It was originally posted in the Drum Discussion forum and was moved here AFTER his post.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
User avatar
kylevater
groove master
groove master
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:33 am
Location: key west, fl

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:56 am

Timekeep69 wrote:
kylevater wrote:
Bong wrote:Sorry bro, wrong category. Figured I would heads-up ya before the Mods move it.
I haven't played either, so I dunno.


mr bongwater how is this in the wrong category?



It was originally posted in the Drum Discussion forum and was moved here AFTER his post.


oh ok
well yeah
it was in the wrong section
give it time, rock band will have its own section under off topic eventually
It's challenging you: Image
User avatar
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master
Posts: 3889
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:07 pm
Location: New York

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:16 am

i'm thinking the drumming probly sucks hard. for one reason. you dont play what you hear. your not playing the drums as they go in the song. so your hearing one thing and playing another. which in my oppinion makes the game not worth $200
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
Image
Gabimo
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:53 am
Location: this one, or that one... i forget

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:03 pm

i had a funny story, my friend who pretty much works at a music shop, a kid and his dad walked into the store and he wanted a real guitar because he played guitar hero, his dad asked him if he could get a cheap sht one because he could only play easy

its going to make music seem low, and in the future less music will be put out!!! its the downfall of society, like the internet, or television
OW! My arm hurts where the tigers biting it!

congratulations, you've won a million dollars, click the<a href="http://www.ipwnzoredyounooberzors.com"> link</a>
User avatar
Hack_and_Slash
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:17 pm

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:14 pm

xdoseonex wrote:i'm thinking the drumming probly sucks hard. for one reason. you dont play what you hear. your not playing the drums as they go in the song. so your hearing one thing and playing another. which in my oppinion makes the game not worth $200

Yeah dude. The notes do not coordinate with the music at all. You really do have to pay attention to the screen. There's no room for feeling out a groove at all.
User avatar
drummer912
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: Georgia

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:51 pm

xdoseonex wrote:i'm thinking the drumming probly sucks hard. for one reason. you dont play what you hear. your not playing the drums as they go in the song. so your hearing one thing and playing another. which in my oppinion makes the game not worth $200


ive got the game and if you play on expert or hard than you play almost everything exactly the same as in the song and on time, too. for example, when you play Dani California on expert, you do all of Chad's ghost notes. Now on easy and medium, you do not play the exact song, because that would be way to hard for someone who has never played drums in their life to do. It's just like GH, you dont actually play every chord on easy and medium.
DW drums and hardware
Sabian, Paiste and, of course, SALUDA cymbals
Aquarian drum heads
User avatar
Hack_and_Slash
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:17 pm

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:50 pm

I don't know, I played danni california on expert 1st try and I did good but I still felt like it wasn't on point.
Drumosaurus
groove master
groove master
Posts: 2058
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:51 am
Location: indiana

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:44 pm

its the downfall of society, like the internet, or television


like rap.
R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan. You will be missed.
User avatar
kylevater
groove master
groove master
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:33 am
Location: key west, fl

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:50 pm

Drumosaurus wrote:
its the downfall of society, like the internet, or television


like rap.


downfall puts that lightly
It's challenging you: Image
User avatar
racefan33
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:24 am
Location: Sunny So Cal

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:39 am

Gabimo wrote:its going to make music seem low, and in the future less music will be put out!!! its the downfall of society, like the internet, or television


The internet, television and Rock Band are tools to HELP society evolve out of the dark ages.

The downfall of society is greed and people willingness to compromise the quality of things put on the internet and television to make more money.

Rock band will only expose more people to the fun of being a musician and hopefully drive them to want to do it for real. It does nothing but teach someone to work for a goal. How they apply that to thier life is thier own decision.
Image
Jeff Porcaro - Lord of Groove
User avatar
Timekeep69
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:04 am

racefan33 wrote:
Gabimo wrote:its going to make music seem low, and in the future less music will be put out!!! its the downfall of society, like the internet, or television


The internet, television and Rock Band are tools to HELP society evolve out of the dark ages.


I disagree, it's because of the interenet and television that people are obese and lazy. When I was a kid, we played outside and made believe we were army guys or mideval knights, now kids play WoW and get no exercise whatsoever and they don't have to use their imaginations and creativity to play. They just sit there in front of their TV's and computers with their junk food and Mountain Dew for hours/days at a time.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!