Hi all! :)

General discussion about anything!

Moderator: Moderators

RoStDr
new
new
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:03 pm

My family name is Drumev, you know :) I'm bulgarian. Wonder if I should come studying to the US or people would make fun of me, destroying all my hopes of having a good time over there :P

Rather joke than serious question, but I'm really wondering does it sound funny to you? :)
User avatar
FiestyRedDrummEr
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Palmdale, CA

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:07 pm

nah man you got a cool name.
You didn't steal my riff, it was free.
User avatar
kylevater
groove master
groove master
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:33 am
Location: key west, fl

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:11 pm

my family name is vater
which i usually cant get by without one person talking about starwars
but youve got a badass name
and is your question about your name, or about coming here to study?
if its to study then you defenitly should
where else are you gonna see fat chicks wearing thongs?
sorry if that completely turns that idea off
It's challenging you: Image
cableman26
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:47 pm

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:16 pm

The U.S. is full of funny names, hell mine's Pridemore.
Image
SGarrett
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:59 am

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:22 pm

kylevater wrote:my family name is vater
which i usually cant get by without one person talking about starwars
but youve got a badass name
and is your question about your name, or about coming here to study?
if its to study then you defenitly should
where else are you gonna see fat chicks wearing thongs?
sorry if that completely turns that idea off


Nooooo!!! You're not my father!!!
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
User avatar
McForman
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:49 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:03 pm

RoStDr wrote:My family name is Drumev, you know :) I'm bulgarian. Wonder if I should come studying to the US or people would make fun of me, destroying all my hopes of having a good time over there :P

Rather joke than serious question, but I'm really wondering does it sound funny to you? :)



How do you pronounce that?
wii2525
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: Montreal, CA

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:46 pm

Dude, i know two bulgarian people, very cool. One is a really hot chick, other, not so hot. But i think you should come hang in the U.S. But don't stay. Go live in England, and make shitloads in pounds, then come shopping in the US.
User avatar
Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1357
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:40 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:06 am

whats there to study in the US? obesity?
RoStDr
new
new
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:24 am

McForman wrote:How do you pronounce that?


Well it's more like Drumev than Drəmev, if i use the transcription. It's not a common name even in my country.

Potatoe Snack wrote:whats there to study in the US? obesity?


I could sure get a proper education in Bulgaria too, but that's not what i'm searching for. :wink: Some stuff are way more important for me, than money and well-being. But after all, i don't think situation is that bad:

Image
:D
User avatar
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master
Posts: 4300
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: Maine

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 am

RoStDr wrote:
McForman wrote:How do you pronounce that?


Well it's more like Drumev than Drəmev, if i use the transcription. It's not a common name even in my country.

Potatoe Snack wrote:whats there to study in the US? obesity?


I could sure get a proper education in Bulgaria too, but that's not what i'm searching for. :wink: Some stuff are way more important for me, than money and well-being. But after all, i don't think situation is that bad:

Image
:D

Thats funny as hell man. You do what makes you feel good bro. This coming from a guy called BONG. :shock:
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Image