'Tis the Season

General discussion about anything!

Moderator: Moderators

FiestyRedDrummEr
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:55 pm

For Gigs!
Man... I have so many gigs! Holiday time calls for percussionists. Last night I got done playing a gig where I got to play the Bodrhans. My favorite drum of all...
I own three. It was totally improv, and so much fun.
This week its Handels The Messiah!
Great lilttle tune. Hendel was of the first composers to use Tympani in the works! Good lil history lesson of the day.
How are the gigs coming along for everyone else?
You didn't steal my riff, it was free.
rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:23 pm

We've got a vertical on Wednesdays at a local spot. We did this gig for about 18 months, took some time off, and now we're starting back up again. Best part is that almost everyone who used to come out is coming out again, which is very sweet.

Then in January we have a sort of paid audition that is a surprise b-day party for one of the management team for Sly and Robbie. Could be huge benefits from this one. Other than that, just working in the studio on the record. Good times.
McForman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:02 pm

I have a show on the 21st and one on the 23rd. Then in April we're playing at the Whiskey with Sabbat! Its gonna be soo rad.
SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:57 pm

We're trying to slow down a little and keep the gigs close to home until after the singer's baby is born (late December probably) but after that it's full tilt once more.
yee freakin' haw
break the prism
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:14 pm

Yay, bodhráin!

I have a show coming up with a group i've been practicing with. We're playing a few Irish Christmas tunes with myself on fiddle, and my buddies Tim and Colin and brother Johnny on bouzouki, viola, and fife. this year we're doing Good Christian Men Rejoice, First Noel, Masters in this Hall, and Taladh Chriosta

My grandfather and I will be doing our annual 12 and 6 string guitar duet on Christmas Eve at the Irish-American Social Club. I'll try to get some videos up (even though it's not drum related, i thought it would be cool). this year we're doing Greensleeves and Silent Night
Beat on.
SINISTER
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:54 pm

Tis the season is right!!!!!!!!!!! We're playing a Toys For Tots show titled HORNES FOR THE HOLIDAYS on the 20th...........heavy metal for charity....gotta love it
Live by the drum, die by the drum!
McForman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:58 pm

SINISTER wrote:Tis the season is right!!!!!!!!!!! We're playing a Toys For Tots show titled HORNES FOR THE HOLIDAYS on the 20th...........heavy metal for charity....gotta love it

that is soo sick. I can just imagine a bunch of little tots moshing around to some heavy metal.
automaster31
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:15 pm

break the prism wrote:Yay, bodhráin!

I have a show coming up with a group i've been practicing with. We're playing a few Irish Christmas tunes with myself on fiddle, and my buddies Tim and Colin and brother Johnny on bouzouki, viola, and fife. this year we're doing Good Christian Men Rejoice, First Noel, Masters in this Hall, and Taladh Chriosta

My grandfather and I will be doing our annual 12 and 6 string guitar duet on Christmas Eve at the Irish-American Social Club. I'll try to get some videos up (even though it's not drum related, i thought it would be cool). this year we're doing Greensleeves and Silent Night

Greensleeves? My school band is thinking of doing that song at one of our later two concerts. Our first of the year is Sunday. Can't wait. First show with a small group- 25 members- 8 clarinets, 4 percussionists. Not good.
rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:26 pm

SINISTER wrote:Tis the season is right!!!!!!!!!!! We're playing a Toys For Tots show titled HORNES FOR THE HOLIDAYS on the 20th...........heavy metal for charity....gotta love it

Awesome, man. Enjoy that gig.
EOTE_drummer
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:17 pm

FiestyRedDrummEr wrote:For Gigs!
Man... I have so many gigs! Holiday time calls for percussionists. Last night I got done playing a gig where I got to play the Bodrhans. My favorite drum of all...
I own three. It was totally improv, and so much fun.
This week its Handels The Messiah!
Great lilttle tune. Hendel was of the first composers to use Tympani in the works! Good lil history lesson of the day.
How are the gigs coming along for everyone else?

u know what else would make this season a lil jollyer?

NAW im just playing... or am i...
PDP, Tama, and Pearl Drums
DW, Pearl, and Gibraltar Hardware
Sabian, Zildjian, and Saluda Cymbals

www.myspace.com/EOTEband
McForman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:54 pm

EOTE_drummer wrote:
u know what else would make this season a lil jollyer?

NAW im just playing... or am i...

...lol?

Did I miss something?
Rob Crisp
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 am

Not got a gig until Feb! :-P A couple of months off is nice.

We're going into the studio in March though so are concentrating on song writing.

Last year we did a gig with a life size swinging singing Santa Clause on stage.. random!
SGarrett

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:58 am

I've got a few session gigs lined up, but no live gigs.
Last edited by SGarrett on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
break the prism
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:49 am

the three of us in my band are all in college, and we're planning to record some new stuff over the holiday break from classes.
i'll put them up on our myspace when we're done mixing them.
Beat on.
FiestyRedDrummEr
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:09 pm

yeah i have 4 gigs this week one a studio session and then i have one next wekk i think thats it though. which is cool got some extra cash.
You didn't steal my riff, it was free.