Anyone else have Rock Band?

General discussion about anything!

Moderator: Moderators

drummer912
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:19 am

I got the game a few days after it came out and beat it on hard in a few days. It's actually pretty fun, my only critiques are that it is kinda hard trying to look at the bass drum pedal note (a lighted bar on the fretboard on the screen) while reading the raised bar notes. Plus, my red drum pad (the equivilent to the snare drum) dosen't pick up half the notes when you have to hit it alot. I gotta send it back and get another drum controller. I've five starred a few songs on expert so far, but I'm still working at it.
DW drums and hardware
Sabian, Paiste and, of course, SALUDA cymbals
Aquarian drum heads
Timekeep69

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:18 am

I played it at work. I still dont know if I want to buy it or not.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
llllarry
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:02 pm

I was hoping to get it for Christmas. I've heard that drums break easily though, which kind of scares me. :(
McForman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:51 pm

I think that all the controllers come with a 60 day warranty.
Drumosaurus
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:17 pm

is the drum playing on that just like playing regular drums, or is it different?
R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan. You will be missed.
Timekeep69

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:24 pm

Drumosaurus wrote:is the drum playing on that just like playing regular drums, or is it different?

It's very different.
www.pjclevenger.com

TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:43 pm

Timekeep69 wrote:
Drumosaurus wrote:is the drum playing on that just like playing regular drums, or is it different?

It's very different.

Even on Expert?

What's different about it besides that it's not a full-fleshed kit?
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
Timekeep69

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:48 pm

I noticed in the songs I played that the bass drum wasn't always where it actually is in the song and it's really hard to play cross arm with the way the pads are set up. There are songs on there that I used to play in cover bands that I had a hard time playing in the game. Fills are really hard to do on the pads as well.

That's just my take on it.
www.pjclevenger.com

TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:04 pm

Timekeep69 wrote:I noticed in the songs I played that the bass drum wasn't always where it actually is in the song and it's really hard to play cross arm with the way the pads are set up. There are songs on there that I used to play in cover bands that I had a hard time playing in the game. Fills are really hard to do on the pads as well.

That's just my take on it.

Hmm, now I go to Plan B.

Do every song with cookie monster vocals instead of the original vocals.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
McForman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:41 am

I played it in Wal-mart one day and I had a big crowd of people watching me play because everyone else that was playing on it was terrible.
SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:03 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the kid in the commercial where they're talking about scissor kicks is playing traditional grip with both hands?
yee freakin' haw
McForman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:40 pm

I did not... I was too distracted by the scissor kicks.

But hey, there's nothing wrong with a little double tradish. lololololololololol.

I love it when they have kids in an ad for something holding drumsticks, because more often than not they're holding them wrong.
SGarrett

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:44 pm

SmellsLikeIan wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the kid in the commercial where they're talking about scissor kicks is playing traditional grip with both hands?

Hahaha. That was one of the first things I noticed. :D
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
king_friday
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:41 am

the problem i always have, is i play along with the song, like what you would be playing if you were actually playing it. for some screwed up reason, it doesn't work! its always a little bit delayed, it screws me up. im not that bad, its just hard to get use to. its pretty fun though, but not really like playing the drums.
FiestyRedDrummEr
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:20 pm

SmellsLikeIan wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the kid in the commercial where they're talking about scissor kicks is playing traditional grip with both hands?

yes! I was looking at that going...wow..i hate when people do shit like that.
It bugs me! When you're playing the instrument wrong and then they show it on TV! then everyone starts to thing thats the right way to play because they saw it on TV> how annoying..
But yeah I've played it. Its alright. Not as fun as the drum set but.. Its a game..
Next thing to know...everyone who plays the game is going to thing they are real drummers. Another pet peeve of mine.
You didn't steal my riff, it was free.