Any fisherman?

General discussion about anything!

Moderator: Moderators

Any fisherman?

Postby SuNoAnBuKi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Anyone do some fresh water fishing? If I'm not working, rehearsing or playing a show guaranteed you can find me at the lake down the street from my house. The lake is full of large mouth bass, chain pickerel, channel catfish, bluegill, yellow and white perch. Also stocked with trout twice a year. Been hooking into some decent bass...caught a ton of 3 pounders the last few months and a 6 pounder last week. Heard rumors of some 8 pound bad boys out there but haven't had the pleasure of catching one yet. Anyone else a bassaholic?
Ddrum Dominion
Saluda, Zildjian, Paiste, Wuhan
Pearl Hardware, DW Pedals
Remo Heads
SuNoAnBuKi
session drummer
session drummer

Any fisherman?

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Re: Any fisherman?

Postby SmellsLikeIan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Got a couple ponds on the farm here...One has 3+ lb crappie (what they call "barn door" crappie) and 5 lb bass.
yee freakin' haw
SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Postby SuNoAnBuKi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Dude a 3lb crappie is huge!!! I want a piece of that action lol. I just caught a nice 5lb bass today in a stream down the street from my house. Been dabbling in carp fishing last two weeks too...had a 15lber on on shore gettin ready to snap and picture and he in turn snapped my line and swam away
Ddrum Dominion
Remo Heads
SuNoAnBuKi
session drummer
session drummer

Postby SmellsLikeIan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 am

Carp? Never been able to catch one on a rod and reel....I usually just jump in and grab 'em. You know you can eat them, even though most folks say you can't.

First, scrape off the scales (I usually use a regular pair of pliers, opened up , and scrape "against the grain" of the scales with the rough part of the inside of the pliers). The scales just sorta pop off. Then you cut the fillets off and pressure cook them for about an hour and a half. After that you just crumble it up with cornmeal, onion, and some seasonings and fry them up like salmon patties. Delicious, and surprisingly less fishy than salmon.

BTW whatcha catching the carp on?
yee freakin' haw
SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Postby SuNoAnBuKi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Caught him on a red/black shad zoom u-tail worm rigged shakey head, happened by total accident actually. I fish in a stream thats about 15 feet wide and 2 miles long and theres 4 carp that swim around (2 about 10lbs, 1 about 15lbs and another around 20)...they never EVER bite on any of the lures I have, no matter how many times I throw on top of his head or in front of him. About 3 weeks ago I see one of the 15lbers about 30 feet away from the fallen tree I'm sitting on, where I had literally just had a 6lb bass come off my hook before I could get him in my hands. So out of the pure f*** it moment, I threw my line down next to him and within 3 seconds I was reeling him in. Jumped off the tree, into the water, grabbed him, had half his body on the bank and he shook hard, snapped my line and swam away FAST. lol. I was so angry.

Did some research on Carp after I got home..said they like corn so I've been loading the water up with it like they said. Haven't seen him or any of the others since then though. Think I'll try out at the lake the stream is connected to from now on. How do you typically catch them? Net? When I finally get one of these suckers, I'm gonna fry him up like you said
Ddrum Dominion
Remo Heads
SuNoAnBuKi
session drummer
session drummer

Postby SmellsLikeIan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Bare hands, my man....They're slippery, but if you can corner one you can usually catch it. Since they have no teeth they can't bite you, so I usually try to get a thumb in their mouth.

I'm thinking about buying a small bass boat since there are about 7 good lakes within an hour of me. But I'm gonna wait until winter, you can usually find better deals out of season.
yee freakin' haw
SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Postby SuNoAnBuKi » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Do what now?! Straight Bear Grylls style, huh? That's so awesome, haha. Whats the biggest you've ever bare handed? My fishin buddy and I have been out in the salt water lately, catching some good sharks lately. Can't wait for striper season...it's right around the corner.
Ddrum Dominion
Remo Heads
SuNoAnBuKi
session drummer
session drummer

Postby SmellsLikeIan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:46 pm

Biggest carp I've caught bare handed was around 10 lbs. I've never caught a catfish bare handed, the big ones have little pointy teeth like kittens from hell and razor sharp fins that can stab pretty far into you....I'm no Bear Grylls, but my buddy Ross has a lot more nerve than I do, I've been thinking about filming him and putting it on youtube.

We have pretty good stripers at Lake Texoma about 45 minutes from me, but I haven't done a lot of striper fishing.

About an hour and a half north of me is Paul's Valley, Oklahoma where there is an annual catfish noodling contest in mid July. There are 40+ lb catfish brought in every year.
yee freakin' haw
SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Postby MRSTICKSTUFF » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Sure ! Fishing and drumming go together like, "A Grip on a Stick" Years back, I started dipping my lures in the UV products i made for drumsticks and my fish catches went way up. I don't fish or drum without this product on the end of my hooks or sticks.

Check out the promotional on, Van Romaine who as he has been using my product for years.

stickstuffgrip.com

Thanks, Mike
Mike Anderson
MRSTICKSTUFF
beginner
beginner

Return to Chit-Chat