Dating a smoker???

General discussion about anything!

Moderator: Moderators

Dating a smoker???

Postby Brian L » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Personally, i have always been against smoking cigarettes, but up until a few days ago i meant a girl who i didnt know at the time was a smoker. I've gotten extremely close to her over the last couple of days. Now, come to find out, she might just give up on quitting and start up again. I'm kinda hurt, but i really like this girl. so what does everybody think? any opinions or advice? first hand experience on the matter? how does this effect the relationship?

and its definatly not up to me if she decides to start smoking too. I believe its a personal choice and i have no say in it. she knows how i feel though. :lol:
2008 Pearl Forum(black)
Ddrum s2 maple snare(black fade)
Remo Coated Emperor snare head
Remo Pinstripes
Evans Emad 2
Tama Road Pro Pedals
Zildjian crashes
Sabian high hat and ride
PDP/Pearl hardware
Brian L
drumming adept
drumming adept

Dating a smoker???

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Re: Dating a smoker???

Postby possumofdestruction » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:08 pm

Same situation, kind of. I smoked when I started dating my gf, but have since quit. She hasn't. It doesn't affect our relationship really, but it bother me because of health reasons. If it grosses you out or something to that degree then that's going to have to be your call. If you can deal with it, then I say go with it and just express your concern for her health. If she's quit now, tell her to not stop. After three days the nicotines out of your system, so it's all in you head from there. But if she does smoke and you can deal, just go with it. I don't think it's something to end a relationship unless you can't be around it because it bothers your breathing or you don't wanna kiss her or something like that.
bash, bang, slam, whatever, yeah, ima drummer.
possumofdestruction
drumming adept
drumming adept

Return to Chit-Chat