Withdrawls Suck

General discussion about anything!

Moderator: Moderators

Withdrawls Suck

Postby TheYardstick » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:12 pm

I've been focusing on cutting down on my caffeine intake the past two weeks because I realized that having my heart beating an accelerated rate throughout pretty much the entire day isn't exactly a good thing.

I cut myself down from 4-5 sodas a day to 1-2. I'm starting to feel the worst of it. Large headaches, huge declines in energy, grogginess, lack of focus, and just overall lowered brain activity. From what I've read, I'm about to get through the worst of it, but it's pretty damn difficult.

The most important thing I've realized is that it's just as easy to reach for a Gatorade or water in my fridge instead of grabbing my Diet Coke, even if I might think the DC tastes better.

Anyone else kicked their caffeine habit or got it under better control? Did you notice any differences a few weeks, months, and/or years down the line?
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Withdrawls Suck

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Re: Withdrawls Suck

Postby Brother_Bong » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:02 pm

Um, I kicked Heroin and Oxy's. Can In help?
Stay focused on your goal and do things to take your mind off it (like playing drums/or sticking on the pad).

Call friends and shoot the shat. Eat a big meal and take a nap.

Ok, some of my advise is posed towards the much more difficult stuff, but all in all, mind over matter bro!

All addictions can affect you on all kinds of levels, and really it all is serious.

Good luck, and PM if you need to vent.

Fight the good fight!
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Postby SuNoAnBuKi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:26 pm

Yeah I kicked cocaine a few years back but I went through rehab twice for that. Bong's advice is key. You need to stay focused and stick to it...think bout the long term and how it'll benefit you. Another alternative would be to start drinking caffeine free soda.
Ddrum Dominion
Saluda, Zildjian, Paiste, Wuhan
Pearl Hardware, DW Pedals
Remo Heads
SuNoAnBuKi
session drummer
session drummer

Postby dannycareyisgod » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:17 pm

im about to feel your pain real soon :roll: tomorrow i have my last cigarette, and then me and my girlfriend are going to quit together. it honestly seems impossible from the past times i've tried, but this time i got a feeling i'll do it. but to relate to your caffeine addiction, i drank atleast 2 monsters a day for the entire summer, and gained about 15 pounds. if you can get through the physical withdrawals from it, its a piece of cake. just find something that you like to drink other than that sugary caffeine pop. for instance, when i stopped drinking monster, to ease the headaches i would drink a diet drink that tastes great, like diet cream soda. find something that doesn't have the caffeine in it, but still pleases you taste-wise, and you'll be fuckin' gravy dude.
Gretsch Catalina Maple-------> 22" x 18" bass, 10" x 8" and 12" x 9" toms, 14" x 14" floor tom, 16" x 16" floor tom, 6" x 14" snare.

Zildjian A Customs-------> 20" ride, 16" crash, 18" fast crash, 14" hi-hats.
dannycareyisgod
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby xdoseonex » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:18 am

Diet soda is SO much worse for you than regular soda. It shouldn't even exist. At all
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Postby dannycareyisgod » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 pm

xdoseonex wrote:Diet soda is SO much worse for you than regular soda. It shouldn't even exist. At all

yeah but in the sense that he is trying to break a caffeine addiction to regular soda, i think diet is the best way to start, considering it doesn't have any calories, sugar, or caffeine (most of the time), its a good way to start.
Gretsch Catalina Maple-------> 22" x 18" bass, 10" x 8" and 12" x 9" toms, 14" x 14" floor tom, 16" x 16" floor tom, 6" x 14" snare.

dannycareyisgod
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby dannycareyisgod » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 pm

xdoseonex wrote:Diet soda is SO much worse for you than regular soda. It shouldn't even exist. At all

yeah but in the sense that he is trying to break a caffeine addiction to regular soda, i think diet is the best way to start, considering it doesn't have any calories, sugar, or caffeine (most of the time), its a good way to start.

dannycareyisgod
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby Brother_Bong » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:15 pm

Drink lots of water. When the body is missing something it's used to it can do all kinds of bad things. Caffeine is a dehydrator, and your cells want water. Often times thats why you feel like shat.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Postby TheYardstick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:08 pm

dannycareyisgod wrote:

Yeah, I've been drinking diet soda all my life, it's the large headaches and huge drops in energy that are killing me.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Postby Brother_Bong » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:36 am

See two posts above^^^^^^^^

Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Postby Potatoe Snack » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:12 pm

where is Bob Saget when he is due?!
Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Postby possumofdestruction » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:58 am

Why is diet soda worse for you?
bash, bang, slam, whatever, yeah, ima drummer.
possumofdestruction
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby TheYardstick » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:51 pm

From what I understand the body can't break down aspartame (primary artificial sweetener) and that can lead to all sorts of complications such as cancer.

My Last.fm
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Return to Chit-Chat