Tracked new stuff...6 new songs

General discussion about anything!

Moderator: Moderators

drumsforlife
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:04 pm

We just finished tracking the "bones" or "skeletons" of 6 new songs for our second disc. 8/3/08. We did about three takes per song. We still have to add Megan, our backing vocals, and Travis, our lead guitar onto the top of them. John, our bassist, Jerod, our rhythm guitar and lead vocals, and myself still have a few more punch-ins to knock out of the way. I'm overall satisfied with how I did. I didn't flub up too bad. Just little stuff like missing an entrance that's pretty noticable, and a few missed cymbal hits.

This is the kit I tracked with. It was at the studio. It's a pretty nice little Sonor. I cannot remember the series. But I'm guessing the size on the kick is 18" by 18" and the floor tom is 14" by 16" or 14" by 14." I took the rack tom off cause I didn't need it. I'm guessing that was either a 10" or 12." The cymbals used, which I found in a cymbal bag in the corner, were Zildjian K custom 20" ride (it had a crack in it but still sounded great!) Zildjian A custom 18" medium thin crash, and then I found these medium-heavy noname (the labels were all faded off) 14" hats and 16" crash set in the bag as well. I could have either gone with the Sabian B8 hats and 16" crash that were already on the stands, or the nonames. I chose the nonames because I liked the sound of them better. The nonames might have been Sabians as well, I'm not sure.

I used the mixture of Pearl/Tama hardware and pedals that were there, and of course, my own PDP FS Maple Snare.

Sticks: Zildjian 7a's and I used brushes on one track.

I'm part of the brotherhood of like-minded individuals who like to bang on things.
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 pm

a three piece... nice... i love finding no name cymbals that sound great ,it's always a nice surprise. what kind of music does your bad play?
Zildjian, Wuhan & Istanbul cymbals
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
Steve's Back! ..............kinda
drumsforlife
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 pm

We play a mix of folk/blues/jazz/funk/rockabilly.

link: http://www.myspace.com/theredswill

EDIT: The tracks on there are from our first disc, which we recorded in our lead singer Jared's living room.

I'm part of the brotherhood of like-minded individuals who like to bang on things.