Tell us when the Album is released, I'm buying :D
My favourite word is badass

Mapex M birch - purple
Paiste - Alpha hats and ride, 2002 crash, twenty splash

So Is The Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:41 am

:) thanks man. its getting pretty close. i plan to post as soon as i have an official date.
"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell." www.soisthetongue.com
eml
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Congrats! I think my band might be on our way there too, I'd rather just finance recording and put it up for free on the internet (somehow). Has worked well for Machinae Supremacy from Sweden, if anyone knows of them.

I like your music a lot, some awesome drumming in there! I wish you'd at least put one full song up on your MySpace though, or perhaps the files are too big?
So Is The Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:32 pm

yea man there's nothing wrong with DIY. we did a lot of the work for the record ourselves like getting the artwork together and other stuff like that. i guess in the end it comes down to what you want to accomplish with your music and how far you want to go to get there.

thanks for the kind words! i think the files are too big unfortunately. i'll talk to the guys to see about getting 1 song in full up if it's possible. which one do you want?
"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell." www.soisthetongue.com
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Kick ass man! All the best. Looks like you guys did your homework going into this. Congrats.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

So Is The Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:04 pm

thanks bong!
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:39 pm

So Is The Drummer wrote:thanks bong!

You're welcome, let me know when the disc is out.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

So Is The Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:00 pm

in case anyone is interested, we have uploaded one of our songs in its entirety on the myspace. you'll just have to go and see which one :twisted:

check it out!

enjoy :)
Kris
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:03 pm

Mad congratulations...work it hard man! But be weary of wolves in sheeps clothing! It's a nasty business, on the business side of things.Make sure that you have some one working for you with YOUR best interest in mind, not just theirs.
Be Strong to Endure - Endure to be Strong !
www.krisardolino.com
http://www.myspace.com/krisardolino
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:44 am

THATS OFF THE CHAIN! keep it up!
Zildjian, Wuhan & Istanbul cymbals
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
Steve's Back! ..............kinda
Eliminator
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:08 am

Just curious as to how you got signed? We've recently completed our cd and sent presspaks off to labels in the mainland, did you do that also?
Best of luck man
So Is The Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:56 pm

kris - we actually hired a british lawyer to go over our contract and the guy from the label has been nothing but cool and open about everything. i realize that can change and people aren't always what they seem but as far as i can tell, we've done just about everything we can to cover our asses.

please, if you or anyone else has any words of wisdom, myself and my bandmates would be very grateful for your wisdom.

anti - thanks again man. i think we're raising the bar with our new material and all the experience we got making our first album should help to take the new songs to the next level from a studio production standpoint as well.

eliminator - it came to be through myspace of all places. the label was interested in releasing a single from our good friends from the band cleric (a very intense and talented grindcore band. you need to check this band out RIGHT NOW if you're into that kind of thing) and the label discovered us from their page and expressed an interest. we sent out presskits to at least 10 other labels before we committed to the one we're on and even had some industry people we know put in a good word for some others but we never heard from any of them. in my experience, presskits have done absolutely nothing and i am beginning to think that they are a waste of time unless you have some sort of inside track or you send them to an entertainment lawyer or something. i think it might help the cause once we get on the road and tour so labels know that we are willing and able to hit road and put work in. we are hoping to get ourselves into some respectable showcase events like SXSW or if we're really lucking we'll be able to set up something down the road thats a little more lucrative like a private showcase featuring us and other bands from our label.

anyways, i appreciate the well wishes and i hope you find what you're looking for. if you have anything online that i can listen to and get the name of your band, i can see what i can do for as well if you want.

cheers
mead50
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:09 pm

wuts a presspak...a package with ur cd?
Tama Superstar Custom Accel Driver
Zildjian Cymbals
Tama Hardware
Remo Heads
Eliminator
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:38 am

Yea its pretty much a package designed with your cd in it, info about your band, a few pics etc
So Is The Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:13 am

check out this website to get a good idea of what can/should be in a presskit

http://www.sonicbids.com