Tron

Do You have a good stuff to show us? Share your photo, video, mp3, lyrics etc.

Moderator: Moderators

FelterSkelter
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:53 am

"Tron" is the first finished track from the latest in the series of Whitehall Sessions recordings. (3rd)

Basically, four of us get together (Rhodes/synth, Guitar, Bass, Drums/Toys) about once a year, set up a few microphones, and ease our way in and out of a 80-or-so minute "jam". Then we cut out the good parts and make them tracks. Sometimes it's funk, sometimes it's jazz, sometimes it's straight hard rock, sometimes it's just noise. We leave in coughs, mistakes, and other errant noises in an effort to keep it natural.

Please check out: www.myspace.com/whitehallsessions

I hope no one thinks I'm hijacking the forum. I just like to post here because I get feedback from other musicians. Thanks y'all. And of course, let me know what you think.
SGarrett

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:00 am

The drums sound like they're off in the distance. Trippy-ass music, though.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
FelterSkelter
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:25 am

SGarrett wrote:The drums sound like they're off in the distance. Trippy-ass music, though.
They are kinda. There's only one or two room mics and that's it.
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:29 am

I like it. It reminds of the Ocean's soundtracks in that it's not straight up in your face, but it's so subtly amazing. It's the kind of music you listen when you want to have a good idea.

Really awesome in my opinion. :D
_...:::/ Jimbob2020 agrees \:::..._
ImageImageImage
FelterSkelter
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks for listening.