JazzGrind from Northern Ireland

Do You have a good stuff to show us? Share your photo, video, mp3, lyrics etc.

Moderator: Moderators

johnnyringo
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:34 pm

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:47 pm

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire wrote:
johnnyringo wrote:
break the prism wrote:Way to be a jackass.


Oh, and why is that, because I thought it was horrible? Ok, it was a wonderful piece of music that will live on forever, there, how's that Obama? Let's all be friends and hold hands, and let's dare not say something that might hurt someones feelings.
Music, in case you didn't know, is melody and rhythm, neither of which was in that garbage.


hey idiot,

no one's talking shit about your shitty cover band, your singer's lame ass leather pants or his pseudo mullet in your 'show us your band' threads.

why?



because there's no point in coming here and being a fucking dick.

if you don't like someone's band, shut your hole.

you didn't even offer constructive criticism. you're just being an asshole for the sole purpose of being an asshole.

here's my take on you, guy: you're bitter and crabby because your shitty cover band can't do better than playing shitty dive bars full of people that pay more attention to their miller high lifes then they do to your butchered covers "tunes."

you're "band" is nothing more than a human jukebox. and a bad one at that.


Music defined in the dictionary says melody with rhythm.

I'm not bitter about anything, especially not over crap like that. I can voice my opinion as can you, besides, I'm sure the people who play that sort of noise are looking for this kind of reaction, it's meant to be offensive or they wouldn't be doing it.

I'll put my lame cover band up against that anyday, most clubs wouldn't allow that kind of garbage.

You guys really need to watch your collective languages, it's really demonstrates your lack of intelligence and maturity.

I listened to your band, sounded like the singer in The Turtles with a nazal condition. Music was very simplistic, and obviously done in a studio of some kind. I have to admit though it did sound like music, not good mind you, but it did sound like music.
User avatar
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:38 am
Location: duluth, mn

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:05 pm

johnnyringo wrote:Music defined in the dictionary says melody with rhythm.

I'm not bitter about anything, especially not over crap like that. I can voice my opinion as can you, besides, I'm sure the people who play that sort of noise are looking for this kind of reaction, it's meant to be offensive or they wouldn't be doing it.

I'll put my lame cover band up against that anyday, most clubs wouldn't allow that kind of garbage..


most "clubs" (sorry dude, you play in bars) cater to safe, middle class white people that obtain their entertainment from network t.v. and f.m. radio. dare you throw anything even remotely challenging at them, you'd find your self out of work... i mean, what, besides your job at the dairy queen.

johnnyringo wrote:You guys really need to watch your collective languages, it's really demonstrates your lack of intelligence and maturity


ah yes... everyone should follow your example of intelligence and maturity...

EVERYONE! PLEASE... IF YOU DON'T LIKE A FELLOW DRUMMER'S BAND... DON'T GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! JUST CALL THEIR MUSIC "GARBAGE" AND "TRASH!!!"

in all seriousness though... wouldn't a mature person say something like "this isn't my thing." or "i don't get it, but good luck to you and your band." ???? or better yet...

WOULDN'T AN INTELLINGENT, MATURE PERSON JUST KEEP THEIR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT?!?!?!

johnnyringo wrote:I listened to your band, sounded like the singer in The Turtles with a nazal condition.



this coming from the same asshole spouting off about intellect and maturity. stop preaching what you can't practice, hypocrite.


johnnyringo wrote:Music was very simplistic, and obviously done in a studio of some kind. I have to admit though it did sound like music, not good mind you, but it did sound like music.


ah yes. the music was bad because it was simplistic (must not be a fan of the beatles... their tunes weren't exactly rocket science...) and oh jesus... it was recorded in (gasp)... a studio... oh my. it must be awful.

real bands don't record in a studio... real bands play other bands' songs and stay away from studios because, well... recording other peoples' songs gets expensive and actually writing original music is for suckers. i mean, goddamn... it's much easier to just sit back and let someone else do all the work, then start learnin' thems shits when guitar world gets around to printin' the tabs... right?

as for our music not being good? whatever. to each their own. know what i say? if you don't like it... don't listen to it. it may be simple... and it may be shitty... but at least we wrote it...

have fun playing 'rockin' in the free world', brainiac. that song's difficulty is beyond my inferior mental grasp.
User avatar
anojeezick
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: Rot-chester NY

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:40 pm

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire wrote:
johnnyringo wrote:Music defined in the dictionary says melody with rhythm.

I'm not bitter about anything, especially not over crap like that. I can voice my opinion as can you, besides, I'm sure the people who play that sort of noise are looking for this kind of reaction, it's meant to be offensive or they wouldn't be doing it.

I'll put my lame cover band up against that anyday, most clubs wouldn't allow that kind of garbage..


most "clubs" (sorry dude, you play in bars) cater to safe, middle class white people that obtain their entertainment from network t.v. and f.m. radio. dare you throw anything even remotely challenging at them, you'd find your self out of work... i mean, what, besides your job at the dairy queen.

johnnyringo wrote:You guys really need to watch your collective languages, it's really demonstrates your lack of intelligence and maturity


ah yes... everyone should follow your example of intelligence and maturity...

EVERYONE! PLEASE... IF YOU DON'T LIKE A FELLOW DRUMMER'S BAND... DON'T GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! JUST CALL THEIR MUSIC "GARBAGE" AND "TRASH!!!"

in all seriousness though... wouldn't a mature person say something like "this isn't my thing." or "i don't get it, but good luck to you and your band." ???? or better yet...

WOULDN'T AN INTELLINGENT, MATURE PERSON JUST KEEP THEIR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT?!?!?!

johnnyringo wrote:I listened to your band, sounded like the singer in The Turtles with a nazal condition.



this coming from the same asshole spouting off about intellect and maturity. stop preaching what you can't practice, hypocrite.


johnnyringo wrote:Music was very simplistic, and obviously done in a studio of some kind. I have to admit though it did sound like music, not good mind you, but it did sound like music.


ah yes. the music was bad because it was simplistic (must not be a fan of the beatles... their tunes weren't exactly rocket science...) and oh jesus... it was recorded in (gasp)... a studio... oh my. it must be awful.

real bands don't record in a studio... real bands play other bands' songs and stay away from studios because, well... recording other peoples' songs gets expensive and actually writing original music is for suckers. i mean, goddamn... it's much easier to just sit back and let someone else do all the work, then start learnin' thems shits when guitar world gets around to printin' the tabs... right?

as for our music not being good? whatever. to each their own. know what i say? if you don't like it... don't listen to it. it may be simple... and it may be shitty... but at least we wrote it...

have fun playing 'rockin' in the free world', brainiac. that song's difficulty is beyond my inferior mental grasp.


Damn... BOPPED YO' ASS!
Mapex Mafia.

GET INTO IT

Mapex M Birch in Honey Amber
Iron Cobra Pedals
Sabian Cymbals
Evans Heads.
johnnyringo
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:34 pm

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:07 pm

anojeezick wrote:
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire wrote:
johnnyringo wrote:Music defined in the dictionary says melody with rhythm.

I'm not bitter about anything, especially not over crap like that. I can voice my opinion as can you, besides, I'm sure the people who play that sort of noise are looking for this kind of reaction, it's meant to be offensive or they wouldn't be doing it.

I'll put my lame cover band up against that anyday, most clubs wouldn't allow that kind of garbage..


most "clubs" (sorry dude, you play in bars) cater to safe, middle class white people that obtain their entertainment from network t.v. and f.m. radio. dare you throw anything even remotely challenging at them, you'd find your self out of work... i mean, what, besides your job at the dairy queen.

johnnyringo wrote:You guys really need to watch your collective languages, it's really demonstrates your lack of intelligence and maturity


ah yes... everyone should follow your example of intelligence and maturity...

EVERYONE! PLEASE... IF YOU DON'T LIKE A FELLOW DRUMMER'S BAND... DON'T GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! JUST CALL THEIR MUSIC "GARBAGE" AND "TRASH!!!"

in all seriousness though... wouldn't a mature person say something like "this isn't my thing." or "i don't get it, but good luck to you and your band." ???? or better yet...

WOULDN'T AN INTELLINGENT, MATURE PERSON JUST KEEP THEIR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT?!?!?!

johnnyringo wrote:I listened to your band, sounded like the singer in The Turtles with a nazal condition.



this coming from the same asshole spouting off about intellect and maturity. stop preaching what you can't practice, hypocrite.


johnnyringo wrote:Music was very simplistic, and obviously done in a studio of some kind. I have to admit though it did sound like music, not good mind you, but it did sound like music.


ah yes. the music was bad because it was simplistic (must not be a fan of the beatles... their tunes weren't exactly rocket science...) and oh jesus... it was recorded in (gasp)... a studio... oh my. it must be awful.

real bands don't record in a studio... real bands play other bands' songs and stay away from studios because, well... recording other peoples' songs gets expensive and actually writing original music is for suckers. i mean, goddamn... it's much easier to just sit back and let someone else do all the work, then start learnin' thems shits when guitar world gets around to printin' the tabs... right?

as for our music not being good? whatever. to each their own. know what i say? if you don't like it... don't listen to it. it may be simple... and it may be shitty... but at least we wrote it...

have fun playing 'rockin' in the free world', brainiac. that song's difficulty is beyond my inferior mental grasp.


Damn... BOPPED YO' ASS!


Ooooh, that one hurt dude......

First off, I absolutely love The Beatles, don't even try and compare your music to The Beatles. They were by no means simplistic, great harmonies and songs that will live forever, that's not what I would call simple. Maybe you meant Ringo, ha, try playing 'Help" or any number of Beatle songs, and try make it sound like Ringo.

We do have original music, but the places we play don't want to hear it, writing your own music doesn't mean diddley if nobody likes it.

Yes, I did call the music garbage, but I did not call him an "ass" or "idiot" as some of you have called me, the music is garbage, not the guys playing it. I'll bet they are pretty decent musicians, but they choose to play music that sounds like noise.

I also feel that if you make a post for all to see then you may here some negative comments, as I have heard from you about my videos. Only difference is, I didn't make mine out of anger.

What I meant about your music being made in the studio is that you heard us recorded with a camcorder, they don't record music as good as being in a studio. We could go in a studio and make those cover songs as good as the original.
Last edited by johnnyringo on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
break the prism
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Danbury, CT

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:16 pm

I didn't like the music either, but there's no point in talking down to someone because they play music that you don't like.

And not everybody plays music because they want to get gigs at clubs, dude.

Bottom line, don't post in a thread if all you're going to do is call someone's music garbage.
Beat on.
johnnyringo
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:34 pm

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:31 pm

break the prism wrote:I didn't like the music either, but there's no point in talking down to someone because they play music that you don't like.

And not everybody plays music because they want to get gigs at clubs, dude.

Bottom line, don't post in a thread if all you're going to do is call someone's music garbage.


Why? Isn't there free speech? If I don't like something I have the right to say what I think about it.

I know some people play music to get reactions from people, good or bad, and I think these guys know older people and people with taste will hate it. That's what they want, they don't want everyone to like it, so they make it as tasteless as possible to appeal to the mindless few who crave for something so horrible that it makes there parents freakout.

Look, the new young rebellious guys have nowhere to go but down, it's all been done, and the only way to scare the older generation is to sound like a horror movie.
User avatar
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:38 am
Location: duluth, mn

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:47 pm

johnnyringo wrote:
Ooooh, that one hurt dude......

First off, I absolutely love The Beatles, don't even try and compare your music to The Beatles. They were by no means simplistic, great harmonies and songs that will live forever, that's not what I would call simple. Maybe you meant Ringo, ha, try playing 'Help" or any number of Beatle songs, and try make it sound like Ringo..


when did i ever compare our music to the beatles, genius? you called our music "simple", which was meant as an insult. the beatles' music was, in fact, simple. chords. 4/4 drum beats. vocals. it's not like they were fuckin' king crimson.

johnnyringo wrote:We do have original music, but the places we play don't want to hear it, writing your own music doesn't mean diddley if nobody likes it.


you just insulted yourself and your band in a sentence you yourself wrote.

if the last half of your sentence is directed at us, i'd just counter by pointing out the 30+ thousand plays we've had towards the fact that some people do, in fact, like us...

johnnyringo wrote:Yes, I did call the music garbage, but I did not call him an "ass" or "idiot" as some of you have called me, the music is garbage, not the guys playing it. I'll bet they are pretty decent musicians, but they choose to play music that sounds like noise.


oh... well... that's ok then... if you didn't insult the player... just insulted the music he creates... no big deal then.

as for me calling you an 'ass' and an 'idiot'? i don't see why you should be treated otherwise. what, exactly, have you done to garner the respect of me or anyone else in this thread? you, for no real reason, decided to call someone's music 'garbage' because you didn't care for it. it's sad that you can justify your harsh, insulting comments by saying you have a right to 'voice your opinion.' with that right comes the resonsibility to not be a complete douche about it.

johnnyringo wrote:I also feel that if you make a post for all to see then you may here some negative comments, as I have heard from you about my videos. Only difference is, I didn't make mine out of anger.


i think most players on this board, as adults, can handle negative comments... if they're left by a person using 'tact' and doing so not in a way meant to slag and belittle, but to offer constructive criticism. blowing through here and bluttering out "this stuff is garbage" makes you a douchebag.

i watched your 'hotel california' video you posted a few days ago. you know what i thought? i thought it was pretty bad. your singer is flat. the entire song. the harmonies are awful. you know what i said? NOTHING.

why?

because saying it sucked would have been pointless. it would have accomplished nothing aside from making me look like a dick, and possibly making you feel bad.


johnnyringo wrote:What I meant about your music being made in the studio is that you heard us recorded with a camcorder, they don't record music as good as being in a studio.


cut the shit. a camcorder doesn't make vocals flat. it doesn't butcher harmonies. a good band sounds like a good band, no matter how rough a recording.

johnnyringo wrote:We could go in a studio and make those cover songs as good as the original.


if you need a studio to make those songs sound as good as the originals, you're doing something wrong.
User avatar
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:38 am
Location: duluth, mn

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:55 pm

johnnyringo wrote:Why? Isn't there free speech? If I don't like something I have the right to say what I think about it.

I know some people play music to get reactions from people, good or bad, and I think these guys know older people and people with taste will hate it. That's what they want, they don't want everyone to like it, so they make it as tasteless as possible to appeal to the mindless few who crave for something so horrible that it makes there parents freakout.

Look, the new young rebellious guys have nowhere to go but down, it's all been done, and the only way to scare the older generation is to sound like a horror movie.


you remind me of this cranky local music writer we have here that compares everything to the fuckin' doors.

if it doesn't sound like the doors, it sucks.

it's hilarious you assume people make and play this music to piss people off, because i know tons of people that absolutely love this shit. as a matter of fact, at one of the local rock clubs in town, these kinds of bands attract some of the biggest crowds.

you sound like my grandma. to this day, every time she hears the beatles, she says "i don't know how people can listen to this noise polution."

it's hysterical.
User avatar
break the prism
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Danbury, CT

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:58 pm

johnnyringo wrote:
break the prism wrote:I didn't like the music either, but there's no point in talking down to someone because they play music that you don't like.

And not everybody plays music because they want to get gigs at clubs, dude.

Bottom line, don't post in a thread if all you're going to do is call someone's music garbage.


Why? Isn't there free speech? If I don't like something I have the right to say what I think about it.

I know some people play music to get reactions from people, good or bad, and I think these guys know older people and people with taste will hate it. That's what they want, they don't want everyone to like it, so they make it as tasteless as possible to appeal to the mindless few who crave for something so horrible that it makes there parents freakout.

Look, the new young rebellious guys have nowhere to go but down, it's all been done, and the only way to scare the older generation is to sound like a horror movie.


You've just got everyone read like a book, don't you?

Look, buddy. "Taste" is a completely subjective term. Good taste and bad taste when it comes to music are not universally shared ideas. Maybe, just maybe, these "rebellious" types play the music because they like that genre of music. That's their taste in music.

Nothing wrong with being in a cover band, dude. But don't hate on other drummers for playing original music that they put thought into and that they enjoy playing. The problem is that you have the audacity to say that their music has "all been done," when you make it your M.O. to play other peoples' songs? You, with that elitist attitude of yours, have nowhere to go but down.
Beat on.
User avatar
iatemygoat
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1367
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:57 am
Location: Minneapolis MN

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:04 pm

johnnyringo wrote:
break the prism wrote:I didn't like the music either, but there's no point in talking down to someone because they play music that you don't like.

And not everybody plays music because they want to get gigs at clubs, dude.

Bottom line, don't post in a thread if all you're going to do is call someone's music garbage.


Why? Isn't there free speech? If I don't like something I have the right to say what I think about it.

I know some people play music to get reactions from people, good or bad, and I think these guys know older people and people with taste will hate it. That's what they want, they don't want everyone to like it, so they make it as tasteless as possible to appeal to the mindless few who crave for something so horrible that it makes there parents freakout.

Look, the new young rebellious guys have nowhere to go but down, it's all been done, and the only way to scare the older generation is to sound like a horror movie.


one: real musicians play their own tunes, cover bands are full of 30 year old hack musicians that never left their own state.

two: yes their is free speech but it does no good here if your just going to bash our music. why not experiment, try new things and create new music instead of playing old tunes that everyone has heard before. do you have any idea how much more rewarding it is to create something, put it out there and have people enjoy it?!?! the hard part is getting people to hear it.

three: do you really think kids nowadays want to hear the beatles? they dont give a shit about the beatles you know why? half of them are dead and kids are looking for more in music. personally i love the beatles, born and raised on em. but think about it, what did your parents think of the beatles? get your head out of your ass and maybe you should check out this cool forum i found www.washedupdrummerplayingincoverband.com you can talk with all of your other old washed up asshole friends that dont like anything new. did you know slavery was abolished?!?! how pissed are you man!
User avatar
iatemygoat
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1367
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:57 am
Location: Minneapolis MN

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:09 pm

by the way eliminator, im sorry we turned your thread into what it is. this is a section about our bands and this thread in particular about yours. and im sorry i havent mentioned a single thing about it. loved the music man, in the last couple years ive been getting into as much grind and insane shit as i can. check out a band from my area that just got signed to Nuclear Blast called The Crinn. keep up the good work man! looking forward to some more tunes!
johnnyringo
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:34 pm

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:38 pm

iatemygoat wrote:
johnnyringo wrote:
break the prism wrote:I didn't like the music either, but there's no point in talking down to someone because they play music that you don't like.

And not everybody plays music because they want to get gigs at clubs, dude.

Bottom line, don't post in a thread if all you're going to do is call someone's music garbage.


Why? Isn't there free speech? If I don't like something I have the right to say what I think about it.

I know some people play music to get reactions from people, good or bad, and I think these guys know older people and people with taste will hate it. That's what they want, they don't want everyone to like it, so they make it as tasteless as possible to appeal to the mindless few who crave for something so horrible that it makes there parents freakout.

Look, the new young rebellious guys have nowhere to go but down, it's all been done, and the only way to scare the older generation is to sound like a horror movie.


one: real musicians play their own tunes, cover bands are full of 30 year old hack musicians that never left their own state.

two: yes their is free speech but it does no good here if your just going to bash our music. why not experiment, try new things and create new music instead of playing old tunes that everyone has heard before. do you have any idea how much more rewarding it is to create something, put it out there and have people enjoy it?!?! the hard part is getting people to hear it.

three: do you really think kids nowadays want to hear the beatles? they dont give a shit about the beatles you know why? half of them are dead and kids are looking for more in music. personally i love the beatles, born and raised on em. but think about it, what did your parents think of the beatles? get your head out of your ass and maybe you should check out this cool forum i found www.washedupdrummerplayingincoverband.com you can talk with all of your other old washed up asshole friends that dont like anything new. did you know slavery was abolished?!?! how pissed are you man!


Ooh, I'm not a "real" musician because I play cover tunes, bullshit! Most bands that are original will tell you that don't play cover music because they can't. I've played all originals at a few gigs, we played with several other bands, about an hour each. Yes, I like being creative, but I can be creative doing cover music as well, and it is far more demanding to play forty cover songs a night than 12 originals.

I'm not making my band out to be the greatest, so we play for $400 a night on weekends, we have a good time and rock out a bit. I'm not interested in being a rock star anymore.

I like a lot of new music, just not this screaming crap that people say is creative. My mother likes The Beatles, as did my father, they wrote songs all generations could like, I promise you, my mother or yours will never like the sort of music your refering to.

To be quite frank, there really are not too many good rock bands anymore, I think the last really good band would have been Pearl Jam. Most of the new stuff I hear on the radio is garbage, that's why I listen to a college radio station that plays a lot of jazz.

Don't worry be happy. :lol:
johnnyringo
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:34 pm

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 pm

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire wrote:
johnnyringo wrote:
Ooooh, that one hurt dude......

First off, I absolutely love The Beatles, don't even try and compare your music to The Beatles. They were by no means simplistic, great harmonies and songs that will live forever, that's not what I would call simple. Maybe you meant Ringo, ha, try playing 'Help" or any number of Beatle songs, and try make it sound like Ringo..


when did i ever compare our music to the beatles, genius? you called our music "simple", which was meant as an insult. the beatles' music was, in fact, simple. chords. 4/4 drum beats. vocals. it's not like they were fuckin' king crimson.

johnnyringo wrote:We do have original music, but the places we play don't want to hear it, writing your own music doesn't mean diddley if nobody likes it.


you just insulted yourself and your band in a sentence you yourself wrote.

if the last half of your sentence is directed at us, i'd just counter by pointing out the 30+ thousand plays we've had towards the fact that some people do, in fact, like us...

johnnyringo wrote:Yes, I did call the music garbage, but I did not call him an "ass" or "idiot" as some of you have called me, the music is garbage, not the guys playing it. I'll bet they are pretty decent musicians, but they choose to play music that sounds like noise.


oh... well... that's ok then... if you didn't insult the player... just insulted the music he creates... no big deal then.

as for me calling you an 'ass' and an 'idiot'? i don't see why you should be treated otherwise. what, exactly, have you done to garner the respect of me or anyone else in this thread? you, for no real reason, decided to call someone's music 'garbage' because you didn't care for it. it's sad that you can justify your harsh, insulting comments by saying you have a right to 'voice your opinion.' with that right comes the resonsibility to not be a complete douche about it.

johnnyringo wrote:I also feel that if you make a post for all to see then you may here some negative comments, as I have heard from you about my videos. Only difference is, I didn't make mine out of anger.


i think most players on this board, as adults, can handle negative comments... if they're left by a person using 'tact' and doing so not in a way meant to slag and belittle, but to offer constructive criticism. blowing through here and bluttering out "this stuff is garbage" makes you a douchebag.

i watched your 'hotel california' video you posted a few days ago. you know what i thought? i thought it was pretty bad. your singer is flat. the entire song. the harmonies are awful. you know what i said? NOTHING.

why?

because saying it sucked would have been pointless. it would have accomplished nothing aside from making me look like a dick, and possibly making you feel bad.


johnnyringo wrote:What I meant about your music being made in the studio is that you heard us recorded with a camcorder, they don't record music as good as being in a studio.


cut the shit. a camcorder doesn't make vocals flat. it doesn't butcher harmonies. a good band sounds like a good band, no matter how rough a recording.

johnnyringo wrote:We could go in a studio and make those cover songs as good as the original.


if you need a studio to make those songs sound as good as the originals, you're doing something wrong.


Give me a break, I've seen tons of bands play live that don't sound anywhere near as good as there studio recording.

Oh, but now that you're pissed you say something, ha, I don't really even care.

You say your getting a lot of people listening to your music, well, in ten years or so when you've given up your rock star dream, I hope you're still playing, I know a lot of guys who just quit.

I really have no problem with your music, it's not anything I would buy, but like I said at least it's what I would call music. Your singer is also flat, go figure, recorded in a studio and all, hmm.
Last edited by johnnyringo on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
break the prism
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Danbury, CT

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:00 pm

A lot of that "screaming crap" is actually very creative. It's a hell of a lot more creative than most newer rock bands.
Beat on.
shine.fm-youth
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1686
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: peoria

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:09 pm

break the prism wrote:A lot of that "screaming crap" is actually very creative. It's a hell of a lot more creative than most newer rock bands.




+1

let's just all listen to nickleback