DML Festival Weekend

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:43 pm

I was just reading Timekeeps NAMM post, and I was thinking. It's too bad it would not be practical to have a DML convention where we could all show up with our gear, set up, and trade tricks. That would be pretty bad ass. All of the questions we toss back and forth about gear, technique, etc. could be discussed in a live real time forum. Imagine watching Dose show us nearly 1000 bpms, talking turkey with PJ directly about bearing edges. Or having Billy Ray sit down and school one of us on our own kit! That would be pretty awesome. Plus, just to meet some of the outstanding people on here would be cool. Maybe someday.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

drummerduba
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:03 pm

amen brudda bong testify!!!!!
Silverfox Drumsticks UK Artist
Soultone Cymbals UK Artist
stump

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:05 pm

That would be freakin' awesome and one hell of a party! I'd be there! Peace on ya!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

kylevater
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:13 pm

yeah and dml can fly everybody in!
wed have to wear name tags with our screen name on it hahaha that would be so lame
It's challenging you: Image
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:27 pm

stump wrote:That would be freakin' awesome and one hell of a party! I'd be there! Peace on ya!

Yes, yes it would. I imagine no one would want to leave. Like a 24 hour candy store, and it's all free!
Oh, and Kyle, the nametags wouldn't be gay, I don't know what you look like, how would I say hi to my buddy KYLEVATER? :shock:
And thanks for chiming in drummerduba, just think you could polish up all your Meinls' to show off!
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Gabimo
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:37 pm

how could dml fly anyone in, does it even make money?

but that is an awesome idea, i would love to be schooled by billyray
OW! My arm hurts where the tigers biting it!

congratulations, you've won a million dollars, click the<a href="http://www.ipwnzoredyounooberzors.com"> link</a>
m
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:53 pm

I hosted a few events like that for bass guitar, back when that's what I played primarily.
We called them Bass Summits, and they originated from the alt.guitar.bass newsgroup.
Grew to a pretty sizable gathering with folks coming from all over.
Howepirate

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:00 pm

I think we should all meet in Florida somewhere. 8)
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Bong wrote:I was just reading Timekeeps NAMM post, and I was thinking. It's too bad it would not be practical to have a DML convention where we could all show up with our gear, set up, and trade tricks. That would be pretty bad ass. All of the questions we toss back and forth about gear, technique, etc. could be discussed in a live real time forum. Imagine watching Dose show us nearly 1000 bpms, talking turkey with PJ directly about bearing edges. Or having Billy Ray sit down and school one of us on our own kit! That would be pretty awesome. Plus, just to meet some of the outstanding people on here would be cool. Maybe someday.

Me school anyone on the kit? LOL! Kids these days make my jaw drop. The "secret sauce" that I possess is playing solid beats (that many here already do), and learning from my past mistakes (well most of them anyway).

I'm flattered but really, what I do is easily attainable by anyone with an imagination and a drumset. :)

Oh yeah, throw in 25+ years professional experience. That's my real strength. :) And lots of bad food and hotel rooms. That'll make you dummy up real quick. :D
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:43 am

BillRayDrums wrote:
Bong wrote:I was just reading Timekeeps NAMM post, and I was thinking. It's too bad it would not be practical to have a DML convention where we could all show up with our gear, set up, and trade tricks. That would be pretty bad ass. All of the questions we toss back and forth about gear, technique, etc. could be discussed in a live real time forum. Imagine watching Dose show us nearly 1000 bpms, talking turkey with PJ directly about bearing edges. Or having Billy Ray sit down and school one of us on our own kit! That would be pretty awesome. Plus, just to meet some of the outstanding people on here would be cool. Maybe someday.

Me school anyone on the kit? LOL! Kids these days make my jaw drop. The "secret sauce" that I possess is playing solid beats (that many here already do), and learning from my past mistakes (well most of them anyway).

I'm flattered but really, what I do is easily attainable by anyone with an imagination and a drumset. :)

Oh yeah, throw in 25+ years professional experience. That's my real strength. :) And lots of bad food and hotel rooms. That'll make you dummy up real quick. :D

Oh yeah, that made me think, if this ever happened we need to be real careful about who does the catering! Maybe we'll leave that up to Stump!

TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:23 am

BillRayDrums wrote:

I must say BillyRay, you ahve to be one of the most humble drummers I've met.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:43 am

BillRayDrums wrote:

ahhh, dont get humble on us. your one of the best drumers i'v ever typed at
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
stump

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:15 pm

Bong wrote:
BillRayDrums wrote:

Oh yeah, that made me think, if this ever happened we need to be real careful about who does the catering! Maybe we'll leave that up to Stump!

I would take care of that in a heart beat. Cook a plot of food that would make you slap momma! If you walked away hungry and uneducated from the fest it would be your own fault! Peace on ya!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

Gabimo
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:31 pm

BillRayDrums wrote:

*coughhumblecough*
you would play so much better than me(than i am right now) that i would fall down... im a n3wbz0rs

hey billy, so i herd you liek mudkips?
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:38 pm

I've got a 3,000 square foot building/practice space in Rochester NY with a small cheap motel across the road... Lets pick the date (in the summer) and we'll have us a drummers weekend!

Oh... I'm serious by the way...