DML member of the year?

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
drummerduba
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1121
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Dingwall, Highlands, Scotland

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:31 pm

do ya really want th server 2 clog up?????
Silverfox Drumsticks UK Artist
Soultone Cymbals UK Artist
User avatar
pow3rtr1p
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:55 am

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:34 pm

I vote Bong. He's given me the most personal help.
Sonor Drums, Evans and Aquarian Heads, Saluda Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks

14" Glory Hats, 16" Diamond Rock Crash (Cracked...), 22" Symbolic Ride
14" Pre-Aged Voodoo China
User avatar
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master
Posts: 4300
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: Maine

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:35 pm

drummerduba wrote:do ya really want th server 2 clog up?????

Haha, good point, but I think he was speaking facetiously! :lol:
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Image
User avatar
stump
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2916
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:56 am
Location: Columbia, SC

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:06 pm

drummerduba wrote:
Bong wrote:I'm doing well, thanks! Just happy to be here and see my kids enjoy Christmas. I hope your Holidays are going well too, bro.
Yeah this contest should be interesting, some really good candidates here. Should be fun.
Merry stomach filling!


ye holidays are good

lovin my new meinl bell
tis shaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett :lol:

perhaps we shud break this up into different categories...

DML moderator of the year
DML member of the year
best lookin drum kit of the year
drummer sustaining weirdest injury of the year
drum maker of the year
cymbal maker of the year (i think the winner is unanimous)


add more please if anyone has ideas

Not a bad idea!!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

Image
User avatar
stump
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2916
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:56 am
Location: Columbia, SC

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:22 pm

Ok here's the deal. We can do categories but only the over-all DML member of the year will recieve a very nice treat (All others just get bragging rights). I will let you guys know what and where the gift is coming from after the winner is announced so as not to swing votes. You may only vote for one member in each category, if you have a reason for your vote cool and members may receive votes in more than one category. The Mods as a whole will tally the votes on Jan 5th 2008 and announce the winners on Jan 6th! The categories are as follows:

DML Member of the year (over-all)
DML Mod of the year
Best looking kit of the year
DML Advisor of the year
DML funniest post
DML weirdest post
And DML video of the year

Drummerduba gets props for the category idea. Good one Bro! Lets have fun and vote fairly. You guys and gals rock! Peace on ya!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

Image
User avatar
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1751
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:26 am
Location: concord, nc

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:26 pm

stump wrote:Ok here's the deal. We can do categories but only the over-all DML member of the year will recieve a very nice treat (All others just get bragging rights). I will let you guys know what and where the gift is coming from after the winner is announced so as not to swing votes. You may only vote for one member in each category, if you have a reason for your vote cool and members may receive votes in more than one category. The Mods as a whole will tally the votes on Jan 5th 2008 and announce the winners on Jan 6th! The categories are as follows:

DML Member of the year (over-all)
DML Mod of the year
Best looking kit of the year
DML Advisor of the year
DML funniest post
DML weirdest post
And DML video of the year

Drummerduba gets props for the category idea. Good one Bro! Lets have fun and vote fairly. You guys and gals rock! Peace on ya!


will the best looking kit of the year award require a thread devoted to competition? i think that could be a great thread...

for dml member of the year, i vote sgarrett.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
User avatar
Gaddabout
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:12 pm
Location: Mesa, AZ

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:42 pm

I vote Bill because he's the only guy I know around here. But Bill's everywhere. It's like he's cloned himself to stay online 24/7 while the real Billy Ray gigs and makes the moolah.

Cloned Bill or Real Bill, I vote for either.

Edit: I know TimeKeep, too, and I should probably vote for homeboy, but Billy Ray has actually survived a forum with the two craziest mofos from Phoenix already, so he gets like the Phoenix badge of drummer honor or something. Sorry PJ.
SGarrett
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:59 am

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:50 pm

stump wrote:Ok here's the deal. We can do categories but only the over-all DML member of the year will recieve a very nice treat (All others just get bragging rights). I will let you guys know what and where the gift is coming from after the winner is announced so as not to swing votes. You may only vote for one member in each category, if you have a reason for your vote cool and members may receive votes in more than one category. The Mods as a whole will tally the votes on Jan 5th 2008 and announce the winners on Jan 6th! The categories are as follows:

DML Member of the year (over-all)
DML Mod of the year
Best looking kit of the year
DML Advisor of the year
DML funniest post
DML weirdest post
And DML video of the year

Drummerduba gets props for the category idea. Good one Bro! Lets have fun and vote fairly. You guys and gals rock! Peace on ya!


I like this idea, too! I'm still brainstorming on your PM. :)

And thank you to everyone who nominated me, I'm truly honored.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
x_dont_even_ask_x
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:28 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:51 pm

Member of the year?

hmmm.... I'd have to say either sgarrett or timekeep...

Both have helped me tremendously but...I'd have to say sgarrett...
Image
User avatar
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010
Posts: 2009
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:59 am
Location: Lower California

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:19 pm

Gaddabout wrote:I vote Bill because he's the only guy I know around here. But Bill's everywhere. It's like he's cloned himself to stay online 24/7 while the real Billy Ray gigs and makes the moolah.

Cloned Bill or Real Bill, I vote for either.

Edit: I know TimeKeep, too, and I should probably vote for homeboy, but Billy Ray has actually survived a forum with the two craziest mofos from Phoenix already, so he gets like the Phoenix badge of drummer honor or something. Sorry PJ.


Actually I carry my laptop with me to gigs and usually find wireless. That's how all that stuff works. :)

Yeah, don't say their names. THey might find this place!! One of them actually did and I quickly alerted the mods to their presence and gave examples of their brand of madness. :)
User avatar
stump
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2916
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:56 am
Location: Columbia, SC

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:24 pm

BillRayDrums wrote:
Gaddabout wrote:I vote Bill because he's the only guy I know around here. But Bill's everywhere. It's like he's cloned himself to stay online 24/7 while the real Billy Ray gigs and makes the moolah.

Cloned Bill or Real Bill, I vote for either.

Edit: I know TimeKeep, too, and I should probably vote for homeboy, but Billy Ray has actually survived a forum with the two craziest mofos from Phoenix already, so he gets like the Phoenix badge of drummer honor or something. Sorry PJ.


Actually I carry my laptop with me to gigs and usually find wireless. That's how all that stuff works. :)

Yeah, don't say their names. THey might find this place!! One of them actually did and I quickly alerted the mods to their presence and gave examples of their brand of madness. :)

Hmmm...Haven't noticed who you refer to around!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :mrgreen: P.O.Y.
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

Image
User avatar
drummerduba
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1121
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Dingwall, Highlands, Scotland

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:51 am

stump wrote:Ok here's the deal. We can do categories but only the over-all DML member of the year will recieve a very nice treat (All others just get bragging rights). I will let you guys know what and where the gift is coming from after the winner is announced so as not to swing votes. You may only vote for one member in each category, if you have a reason for your vote cool and members may receive votes in more than one category. The Mods as a whole will tally the votes on Jan 5th 2008 and announce the winners on Jan 6th! The categories are as follows:

DML Member of the year (over-all) - me!!! lol
DML Mod of the year - Stump
Best looking kit of the year - dwtoast72
DML Advisor of the year - SGarrett
DML funniest post - GiveItAll - THIS JUST IN!!!!
DML weirdest post - Potatoe Snack - hey potatoe snack
And DML video of the year

Drummerduba gets props for the category idea. Good one Bro! Lets have fun and vote fairly. You guys and gals rock! Peace on ya!



thank you thank you!! u guys r too kind :D

my nominations are .....

DML Member of the year (over-all) - me!!! lol
DML Mod of the year - Stump
Best looking kit of the year - dwtoast72
DML Advisor of the year - SGarrett
DML funniest post - GiveItAll - THIS JUST IN!!!!
DML weirdest post - Potatoe Snack - hey potatoe snack
And DML video of the year -
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt763HmPqdw - i couldn't b bothered lookin at every single video so i jus nominated one tht i posted on here :D
Silverfox Drumsticks UK Artist
Soultone Cymbals UK Artist
User avatar
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master
Posts: 4300
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: Maine

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:07 am

Lets do this!
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Image
User avatar
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master
Posts: 4300
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: Maine

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:12 am

pow3rtr1p wrote:I vote Bong. He's given me the most personal help.

Thank you, glad I could help!
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Image
dwtoast72
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:58 am
Location: Fort Benning GA

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:13 am

WHERE DO WE VOTE? Will there be a seperate thread per catagory?? Do we vote in this thread??
Hook it up!!
Image