This is a drummer forum and NO ONE CAUGHT THIS!?!?!?

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Gpunk76
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:45 am

the following is a quote from bapudi...

"opeth might play with heart but there music lacks soul to give it a bounce and pulse. i didnt say they never had heart. the only band that never had heart or soul was led zepp."

WHY DID THIS GO UNANSWERED!?!?!?!?

John Bonham was unquestionably one of the greatest drummers of an entire generation. Zepplin boasts the same title. They have no "heart or soul" but ASIA!?!?!? ASIA HAD SOUL!?!?!?? WHAT KIND OF METH ARE YOU SHOOTING INTO YOUR TEMPLES!?!??!?! I've been trolling these forums as a guest for almost a full 2 years now and that comment caused me to finally register just to throw a big WTF out here.

That whole thread pissed me off. Soul and heart are relative undefined terms, things you can't really argue about. We're all unique and so are our tastes in music and many other things. This guy thinking that ASIA had soul but NOT led zepplin is a PERFECT example. I mean sure there are plenty of bands out there that you know...should just give up, but GOD people. We're drummers, we're sposed to be a lot smarter about these kinds of conversations.
rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:09 am

The guy who posted it has very troll-like tendencies. It's obviously an very ignorant post, so most of us chose to ignore it rather than argue about it. There's just no point. The kid believes what he believes. I don't agree with the statement, but for the sake of civility, I just let it go.
Timekeep69

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:14 am

If it got you to finally join and contribute then it served a purpose. :D
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
Gpunk76
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:28 am

I guess you're right, i've been posting since i registered, which while in the long term may be good, short term it's horrible. This is my 3 band practices day and my sleep schedule is all screwed up. I've been up since 7pm last night and it is now 10:27am i was hoping to catch at least 5 hours before noon, i'll be behind the set from like noon-10 pm. I see various forms of caffine in my near future.
Gpunk76
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:36 am

"and zepp wasnt heavy they sucked. sorry but i hate studio bands. i'd rather listen to steely dan than zepp. "they rock" ahahha"

Bapudi.......i cannot allow this merciless slandering of zepplin to go unchecked, now they're a "studio band"

Have you ever even SEEN a live zepplin DVD????

EDIT: After reading the "what's wrong with the locked button on the metal post" thread. I want to make it very clear i am not attempting to start an inflammatory thread here.
SGarrett

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:08 am

Take it to PM.

Next time, attack the idea instead of the person.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."