Tribute to metal

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

\m/-Kyon-\m/
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:29 am

I just read a post about an argument between drummers who like metal, and who dont. One person said theres no soul and no rythym to bob your head to. You gotta be kidding me. Metal is derived out of passion and soul, it does not focus on problems on the surface such as your girlfreind breaking up with you or your dog getting run over, it deals with problems that are from the inside and expresses it. Things that truly break people apart. And no rythym to bo your head to? Have you forgotten headbanging? Maybe not bobbing but following a rythym none the less. Maybe just a rythym too fast for you to follow, hm? And its expression gentleman, and ladies. You cant slander that. Metal shows extreme talent, connection with fellow band members playing at such high speed and intensity, shows great fills, licks, endurance, strength, mastery of transitions, everything. I agree, those who can not see metal for what it is, are truly ignorant. Appreciate the music, the expression, and open your mind. I play mainly metal and have more passion for it than anything in my life. Music is my life, and metal is what I love and it has truly saved my life. Just open your eyes and your ears and hear the music.
Music should not only be heard, it should be felt
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:32 am

\m/-Kyon-\m/ wrote:I just read a post about an argument between drummers who like metal, and who dont. One person said theres no soul and no rythym to bob your head to. You gotta be kidding me. Metal is derived out of passion and soul, it does not focus on problems on the surface such as your girlfreind breaking up with you or your dog getting run over, it deals with problems that are from the inside and expresses it. Things that truly break people apart. And no rythym to bo your head to? Have you forgotten headbanging? Maybe not bobbing but following a rythym none the less. Maybe just a rythym too fast for you to follow, hm? And its expression gentleman, and ladies. You cant slander that. Metal shows extreme talent, connection with fellow band members playing at such high speed and intensity, shows great fills, licks, endurance, strength, mastery of transitions, everything. I agree, those who can not see metal for what it is, are truly ignorant. Appreciate the music, the expression, and open your mind. I play mainly metal and have more passion for it than anything in my life. Music is my life, and metal is what I love and it has truly saved my life. Just open your eyes and your ears and hear the music.

Some people like to tattoo themselves all over, some people like to be clean-cut. We all have individual tastes and as long as there's the concept of freedom and free-thinking, then I'm cool with that. Music is music.
\m/-Kyon-\m/
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:35 am

BillRayDrums wrote:
\m/-Kyon-\m/ wrote:I just read a post about an argument between drummers who like metal, and who dont. One person said theres no soul and no rythym to bob your head to. You gotta be kidding me. Metal is derived out of passion and soul, it does not focus on problems on the surface such as your girlfreind breaking up with you or your dog getting run over, it deals with problems that are from the inside and expresses it. Things that truly break people apart. And no rythym to bo your head to? Have you forgotten headbanging? Maybe not bobbing but following a rythym none the less. Maybe just a rythym too fast for you to follow, hm? And its expression gentleman, and ladies. You cant slander that. Metal shows extreme talent, connection with fellow band members playing at such high speed and intensity, shows great fills, licks, endurance, strength, mastery of transitions, everything. I agree, those who can not see metal for what it is, are truly ignorant. Appreciate the music, the expression, and open your mind. I play mainly metal and have more passion for it than anything in my life. Music is my life, and metal is what I love and it has truly saved my life. Just open your eyes and your ears and hear the music.

Some people like to tattoo themselves all over, some people like to be clean-cut. We all have individual tastes and as long as there's the concept of freedom and free-thinking, then I'm cool with that. Music is music.

Amen
Music should not only be heard, it should be felt
drumur
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:04 pm

Great analogy.

I have to go take a Nursing final...LOL
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:00 pm

lml lml lml lml lml lml lml
Well f-in put! I think I love you for saying that so eloquently! :oops:
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

cableman26
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Bong wrote:

lml lml lml lml lml lml lml
Well f-in put! I think I love you for saying that so eloquently! :oops:

Bong, this is no place to strike up a man crush. Save it for myspace. :roll: