DADDYS DON'T LET YOUR BABIES PLAY METAL

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
bapudi
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:18 pm

thats not a grove. there isnt a pulse in it eather. i didnt feel the soul trying to make you grove man. try again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WLdRh7qdi_g

now thats a grove to boogie on.


metal has no soul!
power abusers
<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/smokecrack/berlin4.jpg">
User avatar
SHOGUNWARRIOR32
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Detroit, Mi.

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:18 pm

can someone delete this dude already?
<img src="http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9207/logoanimation1smallbn4.gif"><a href="http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3244/newkitpic33008vs3.jpg" target="blank"><img src="http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8996/drumsthumbvt6.jpg"></a>
User avatar
Howepirate
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Englewood Florida

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:19 pm

bapudi wrote:thats not a grove. there isnt a pulse in it eather. i didnt feel the soul trying to make you grove man. try again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WLdRh7qdi_g

now thats a grove to boogie on.


metal has no soul!


<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q5Yu8r1T8vs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q5Yu8r1T8vs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
User avatar
bapudi
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:24 pm

Howepirate wrote:
bapudi wrote:thats not a grove. there isnt a pulse in it eather. i didnt feel the soul trying to make you grove man. try again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WLdRh7qdi_g

now thats a grove to boogie on.


metal has no soul!


<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q5Yu8r1T8vs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q5Yu8r1T8vs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>


sadly that little intro needs a single coil pickup. the humbuckers kill that sound.




<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAaKZxB0ODg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAaKZxB0ODg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>


there sould in this but not that. im sorry but do you know what soul is? every band you listed never playied with soul or has it in there songs.



just so you know how soul is in music.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WHcWu-1iUg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WHcWu-1iUg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

now that is 100% pure soul.
power abusers
<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/smokecrack/berlin4.jpg">
User avatar
Howepirate
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Englewood Florida

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:26 pm

You just ignorant, Mikeal Ackerfeldt and the rest of Opeth play with their whole hearts and play deeply into every song they make. You just can't come to realize that not all the soulful music in the world, was born in the 60's and is stuck in one or 2 genres.
User avatar
bapudi
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:32 pm

Howepirate wrote:You just ignorant, Mikeal Ackerfeldt and the rest of Opeth play with their whole hearts and play deeply into every song they make. You just can't come to realize that not all the soulful music in the world, was born in the 60's and is stuck in one or 2 genres.


never said that.. but glad you put words in my mouth.


opeth might play with heart but there music lacks soul to give it a bounce and pulse. i didnt say they never had heart. the only band that never had heart or soul was led zepp.


there are many bands that have soul now days as with during the 70's and 80's when music died. if you want a list i can give you one. but i can tell you none of them play metal. you cant play metal and have soul. hell even asia had soul and they sucked.


soul doesnt get stuck in to genres its in music it self. its weather the band or the person playing the music would tap in to the soul and use it.
power abusers
<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/smokecrack/berlin4.jpg">
Rockula!
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Dallas Texass

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:34 pm

CORRECTION
Metal does have a soul
It is just damned for all eternity
You say irritant, I say catalyst
User avatar
Howepirate
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Englewood Florida

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:35 pm

bapudi wrote:
Howepirate wrote:You just ignorant, Mikeal Ackerfeldt and the rest of Opeth play with their whole hearts and play deeply into every song they make. You just can't come to realize that not all the soulful music in the world, was born in the 60's and is stuck in one or 2 genres.


never said that.. but glad you put words in my mouth.


opeth might play with heart but there music lacks soul to give it a bounce and pulse. i didnt say they never had heart. the only band that never had heart or soul was led zepp.


there are many bands that have soul now days as with during the 70's and 80's when music died. if you want a list i can give you one. but i can tell you none of them play metal. you cant play metal and have soul. hell even asia had soul and they sucked.


soul doesnt get stuck in to genres its in music it self. its weather the band or the person playing the music would tap in to the soul and use it.



Hmm, I'll side with you. I suppose though, that, heart and feel is more important than me boppin my head. I care more about the feelings and emotions put into music, which is why, i suppose, that I love metal so much.
User avatar
Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1748
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Aurora Colorado

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:35 pm

I might not have any soul, but I've got some balls you can suck
User avatar
Howepirate
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Englewood Florida

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:38 pm

Empyrean Drums wrote:I might not have any soul, but I've got some balls you can suck


Empyrean, though we've had our differences, I love you and endorse this statement to the fullest. LMAO
User avatar
break the prism
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Danbury, CT

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:38 pm

in music there is a difference between "heart" and "soul"

anyone can play with heart, but not every musician has soul.

playing with heart requires that you put your heart into the music.

soul implies a certain underlying feeling or groove that conjures up an emotion within the listener and makes him or her feel a connection with the music (snapping fingers, tapping feet, dancing). most of the world's "soulful" music came about through African American spirituals that gave rise to blues, jazz, rock, funk, gospel and more importantly...SOUL.

metal arose from blues and rock, but it is not a typically "soulful" genre of music. some forms of metal carry a soulful element, but very few. "groove" metal exists, but it incorporates elements of funk and jazz into it.
Beat on.
User avatar
Howepirate
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Englewood Florida

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:38 pm

Rockula! wrote:CORRECTION
Metal does have a soul
It is just damned for all eternity


Cough, and I'm Christian by faith.
Rockula!
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Dallas Texass

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Which might explain your lack of a sense of humor
You say irritant, I say catalyst
User avatar
bapudi
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:40 pm

Howepirate wrote:
bapudi wrote:
Howepirate wrote:You just ignorant, Mikeal Ackerfeldt and the rest of Opeth play with their whole hearts and play deeply into every song they make. You just can't come to realize that not all the soulful music in the world, was born in the 60's and is stuck in one or 2 genres.


never said that.. but glad you put words in my mouth.


opeth might play with heart but there music lacks soul to give it a bounce and pulse. i didnt say they never had heart. the only band that never had heart or soul was led zepp.


there are many bands that have soul now days as with during the 70's and 80's when music died. if you want a list i can give you one. but i can tell you none of them play metal. you cant play metal and have soul. hell even asia had soul and they sucked.


soul doesnt get stuck in to genres its in music it self. its weather the band or the person playing the music would tap in to the soul and use it.



Hmm, I'll side with you. I suppose though, that, heart and feel is more important than me boppin my head. I care more about the feelings and emotions put into music, which is why, i suppose, that I love metal so much.



the emotions are for the ladies. and to get you laid. "good ole rock saying" but if you put your heart and soul in to a song you can tell its a master piece just puting heart doesnt cover the lacking soul. as with that song cosmic slop every funk person hated it cuz it was to rock and all the rockers hated it cuz it was to funk. but it has both tis why it rocks."and the fact he was higher than hell on heroin to make him play so well"

and its not about bobing your head bit is the pulse of the soul that makes you bob.
power abusers
<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/smokecrack/berlin4.jpg">
User avatar
break the prism
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Danbury, CT

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:41 pm

hey, now. not all christians are stiffs.
howepirate, however...well...he is one.
Beat on.