ghost drummer

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

invision
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:03 pm

this is really wierd, i thought maybe i was just plain crazy or hearing things but i sometimes hear my drums being played through the heating vents, the drums are in the basement and are easily heard through the heating vents, i have my laptop setup in my kitchen and ive been alone some days and though i heard my bass or floor tom being hit 2-3 times, it would then stop. other days i would hear random toms being hit but it would only last 1-2 seconds, then one day i CLEARLY heard a crash cymbal, it was so loud it scared the shit out of me, i quickly ran down stairs and grabbed my cymbals to feel vibrations and but there were none.

the other day my girlfriend says to me she was lying in bed and she heard someone playing the drums and though my sister and her kids came by, she went down stairs and she was the only person in the house, she said later she was down the basement doing cloths and she heard the floor tom being lightly tapped, she freaked out and went upstairs to call me, i told her my stories and we both agreed we have a ghost drummer......creepy man.....

my house was built in 1905 and someone obviously has died here, i thought i heard people walking the stairs here before but drum playing....please not at 1am

i feel weird in the basement now but nothing has ever bothered me here
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:08 pm

Cool, is he any good?
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

invision
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:12 pm

Bong wrote:Cool, is he any good?

no but if he watches long enough he might catch on :lol:

i swear if i hear drums while im down the basement doing something else i never play again im be too creeped out.
sefalik
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:38 pm

If I was a ghost and there were some drums in my basement... I'd play them.
Edge3591
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:09 pm

Some suggestions I may have is that the water heater, central heater, laundry machines, could be causing thumps, sending vibrations through the room causing your bass drum/toms to vibrate therefore you hearing them. That could be a possibility.

#2 is sometimes my mind plays tricks on me and this happens quite often I'll think my drums being playing or something in the lines of that and I walk in and theres nothing happening.

My guess is that it's the machinery in there making sounds and sending vibrations and thumps to your set.

You kinda got me stumped on the crash cymbal... something fell? and hit it?... again, my guess with this is your mind just screwing with you.

oh, and the footsteps on the stairs... well, that's just the ghost walking upstairs to kill you...
PDP9000
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:16 pm

thats hella crazy.
wii2525
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:17 pm

My bad homes, didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to test out your set!

lolz, sounds like you have a case of dead drummer in your basement. eek! :!:
invision
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:34 pm

i havent heard anything in a few days, its not a all the time thing maybe 2-3 times a month, still enough to make you wonder, maybe i am hearing things but my girlfriend heard it too, i dont know i see what happens in the future, i just added a new ride today, i was using my 18 crash as a crash/ride so we'll see it i hear bells and tapping now.
ThePloughman
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:07 pm

One of your radiators is out of level. Fix that, your ghost will go back to sleep.
ThePloughman

ThePloughman wrote:Duct Tape, Moongells, and Remos...... with pinstripes

Rogers Drums USA

Check this out
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showt ... p?t=196158
imjeffcanudigit
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:08 pm

dang dude
DRummer BOy Jeff
cableman26
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:49 pm

:shock: Call TAPS.
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:02 am

invision wrote:this is really wierd, i thought maybe i was just plain crazy or hearing things but i sometimes hear my drums being played through the heating vents, the drums are in the basement and are easily heard through the heating vents, i have my laptop setup in my kitchen and ive been alone some days and though i heard my bass or floor tom being hit 2-3 times, it would then stop. other days i would hear random toms being hit but it would only last 1-2 seconds, then one day i CLEARLY heard a crash cymbal, it was so loud it scared the shit out of me, i quickly ran down stairs and grabbed my cymbals to feel vibrations and but there were none.

the other day my girlfriend says to me she was lying in bed and she heard someone playing the drums and though my sister and her kids came by, she went down stairs and she was the only person in the house, she said later she was down the basement doing cloths and she heard the floor tom being lightly tapped, she freaked out and went upstairs to call me, i told her my stories and we both agreed we have a ghost drummer......creepy man.....

my house was built in 1905 and someone obviously has died here, i thought i heard people walking the stairs here before but drum playing....please not at 1am

I have experienced a very similar thing. In 1988 I was living in an old schoolhouse in Monticello, Ms. We were in between tours and the band somehow rented/borrowed this old schoolhouse for a time. I have several other "haint" stories. I was raised partially by a creole woman and she had many strange things accompany her to work daily.

We would be asleep in the downstairs, and the drums would start in with this very strange pitch bend upwards thing. I have never heard anything like it.

Yes, I believe very heavily in spirits. My sister, who passed away in June, has been camping at my brother's house. All kind of random shit is going wrong over there, mostly electronically. I FULLY attribute it to Chellie.

My suggestion- burn some sage and salt the doors/windows.
cableman26
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:34 am

BillRayDrums wrote:
invision wrote:this is really wierd, i thought maybe i was just plain crazy or hearing things but i sometimes hear my drums being played through the heating vents, the drums are in the basement and are easily heard through the heating vents, i have my laptop setup in my kitchen and ive been alone some days and though i heard my bass or floor tom being hit 2-3 times, it would then stop. other days i would hear random toms being hit but it would only last 1-2 seconds, then one day i CLEARLY heard a crash cymbal, it was so loud it scared the shit out of me, i quickly ran down stairs and grabbed my cymbals to feel vibrations and but there were none.

I have experienced a very similar thing. In 1988 I was living in an old schoolhouse in Monticello, Ms. We were in between tours and the band somehow rented/borrowed this old schoolhouse for a time. I have several other "haint" stories. I was raised partially by a creole woman and she had many strange things accompany her to work daily.

We would be asleep in the downstairs, and the drums would start in with this very strange pitch bend upwards thing. I have never heard anything like it.

Yes, I believe very heavily in spirits. My sister, who passed away in June, has been camping at my brother's house. All kind of random shit is going wrong over there, mostly electronically. I FULLY attribute it to Chellie.

My suggestion- burn some sage and salt the doors/windows.

And then run like hell..... :arrow: :!:
stephenchong
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:41 am

LOL dude. When i saw your topic i was thinking maybe its about some godly drummer who does great ghost notes. Guess i was way off. :D
Where do we run, when things that we cherish disappear right before our eyes ?
B-RAD52
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:38 am

stephenchong wrote:LOL dude. When i saw your topic i was thinking maybe its about some godly drummer who does great ghost notes. Guess i was way off. :D

me too...lol but i sometimes have this happen with my cell phone. ill just be driving in my car, with or without the radio...happened with both. but i "hear" my cell phone go off, and i go to open it to answer...and no one is calling. i think im going nuts.
I love drums.

7-Piece Yamaha Stage Custom
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Aquarian Drumheads
Pro-Mark 2B
LP Percussion