World's Slowest Drummer Competition

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Empyrean Drums » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:06 am

xdoseonex wrote:people just cant tell the different between a contest and song. Theyre like "you can dance to that". who the hell would ever dance to blistering singlestrokes. when basketball players have a shootout, do you see everyone saying "yeah but thias guy sucks i bet he cant pass or guard". a shootout isnt a game of basketball. a wfd contest isnt a song. or a performance. practicing for a wfd contest does wonders for pedal and stick control. most of the wfd's best competitors pratcticed slow to get where they are. theres alot more to it for me than just speed. its really about becoming one with the stick or pedal,understanding the way it moves and the way you control it. I'v sat there for hours just playig slow single strokes and paying attention to the way the pedal reacts to my foot. or the stick reats to my hand. but at the end of the day. its a contest. to see how ast you can play single strokes. simpe as that. ever flaming wfd flamer has flamed for the same flaming reason. they dnt understand one thing. ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MUSIC

Well put.
I think alot of drummers take issue with the idea of testing their skill too because they're afraid of how they'll measure up; Everyone wants to talk about how long their cock is untill someone busts out a ruler
Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Postby SmellsLikeIan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:10 am

It's funny that mr. Mikkey still hasn't "put his money where his mouth is" and posted a video yet.
yee freakin' haw
SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Postby drumur » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:18 pm

Whatever floats your boat.
A smokin groove makes me laugh because it's so ....there are so many words that can describe it.
It's infectious. It touches a place inside all of us (except for steve martin in "The Jerk"...he tried)
Go to a TOP concert and if you don't feel that, maybe something is missing in your arsenal.

David and TOP anyone?Groove anyone?

[url]
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tl1Ac8fivLg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tl1Ac8fivLg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object[/url]
drumur
session drummer
session drummer

Re: World's Slowest Drummer Competition

Postby BillRayDrums » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:44 pm

I dunno, but here's my kid playing 5m 30s of nothing but groove. He's 12 in this vid. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVlz1q-hEI
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010

Previous

Return to General Drum Set Discussion