Cool video of Marco Minneman's solo w/Necrophagist

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

dahlgrendrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:41 am

My friend Nick shot it, pretty awesome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6VIUwW8YKI
iatemygoat
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:48 pm

that band is full of amazing musicians. absolutely rediculous.
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:14 pm

i just got back from bb kings. necrophagist, decapitated, beneathe the massacre, cephalic carnace, the faceless, as blood runs black, ion dissonence. sickest show ever. marco was insane his solo was off the chain. I really think this is the best drummer were ever gonna hear playing death metal
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
PatternsInTheIvy
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:47 am

I agree with everything said here, Necrophagist is simply for the win.
dahlgrendrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:46 am

My friend Dave is now Marco's full time drum tech, he is selling Dave his whole kit 2 grand, lucky muther fucker.... He gets to fly out to Scotland with him at the end of the month. Dave said all kinds of celebrities have been coming to see Marco play for Necrophagist, Lindsey Buckingham(Fleetwood Mac) was in LA, so was Steve Vai.
Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:14 am

I caught Necrophagist a few times with their old drummer and they were sick. The first time they played in a bar, you could stand so close you could actually hear the drumset
Marco had a clinic here a few months ago in some cafe, it ruled. It was just him jammin' a variety of stuff for a couple of hours. He was a really cool guy too.
Can't say the same thing about the audience.
At the end he played a Necrophagist song (Seven) and a bunch of Jazz band flunkies got up and walked out. Before he played it Marco was even kind of apologetic, and was just asking people to be open minded and check it out. There were only maybe two other people there who even knew who Necrophagist was.
dahlgrendrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:36 am

I really liked Hannes's playing style, but Marco takes everything he was doing and refines it so much more. He lays back A LOT when Muhammed and Sami solo, where as Hannes just kept playing fills and garbled up the solos. Very big move up for these guys!
PatternsInTheIvy
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:15 pm

Empyrean Drums wrote:I caught Necrophagist a few times with their old drummer and they were sick. The first time they played in a bar, you could stand so close you could actually hear the drumset
Marco had a clinic here a few months ago in some cafe, it ruled. It was just him jammin' a variety of stuff for a couple of hours. He was a really cool guy too.
Can't say the same thing about the audience.
At the end he played a Necrophagist song (Seven) and a bunch of Jazz band flunkies got up and walked out. Before he played it Marco was even kind of apologetic, and was just asking people to be open minded and check it out. There were only maybe two other people there who even knew who Necrophagist was.

Thats disgusting :x