Songs That Are Absolute Fun

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Drummer_chum
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:08 pm

When will it Rain?- Jackyl, Divine-Korn, Not Falling-Mudvayne, Would?-Alice in Chains, Battery-Metallica, and tons more that are fun to play.

:twisted:
drum man
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:30 pm

Heart of a Warrior-War of Ages, Fallen Into Deaf Ears-As I Lay Dying, and Beheading the King-Amon Amarth. are my all time favorite songs to jam.
stump

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:11 pm

phoenix7289 wrote:
stump wrote:Good times bad times- Zepplin
YYZ- Rush
Aces high- Maiden

I should really try playing Aces High sometime.....

Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
The Wickerman - Iron Maiden
Gone to the Wall - Twilightning
Trail of Broken Hearts - Dragonforce
Last Drop Falls - Sonata Arctica
And too many more!!!

It is a highley under estimated song to play!! Alot of fun! I've been a Maiden fan for years!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:07 pm

stump wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
stump wrote:Good times bad times- Zepplin
YYZ- Rush
Aces high- Maiden

I should really try playing Aces High sometime.....

Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
The Wickerman - Iron Maiden
Gone to the Wall - Twilightning
Trail of Broken Hearts - Dragonforce
Last Drop Falls - Sonata Arctica
And too many more!!!

It is a highley under estimated song to play!! Alot of fun! I've been a Maiden fan for years!

I bet it's fairly difficult if you get all of Nicko's bass parts correct... ON A SINGLE PEDAL THAT IS. lol XD
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
loosesticks
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:29 pm

any thing by ACDC or GEORGE THOUROGOOD or CCR
zappawizard
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:40 pm

The Song Remains The Same/The Rain Song - Led Zeppelin
A Quick One While He's Away - The Who
More Trouble Every Day - Frank Zappa
"The most important thing to do in your life, is to not interfere with somebody else's life." FZ
metal drummer 27
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:29 pm

i think Stream of Consciousness by Dream Theater is one of the funnest i know
A change of seasons is also really fun but i spent ages on learning that so i think ive played it to death.......its good to bring it back tho.
the call of ktulu is really fun to just to hammer it out and shit......alot of metallica is good for that
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:33 pm

metal drummer 27 wrote:i think Stream of Consciousness by Dream Theater is one of the funnest i know
A change of seasons is also really fun but i spent ages on learning that so i think ive played it to death.......its good to bring it back tho.
the call of ktulu is really fun to just to hammer it out and shit......alot of metallica is good for that

I would say almost anything by Dream Theater is damn well hard to play!!!
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
metal drummer 27
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:37 pm

phoenix7289 wrote:
metal drummer 27 wrote:i think Stream of Consciousness by Dream Theater is one of the funnest i know

yeah i would not disagree with that!
but i found that once you learn to play a song like a change of seasons, you get a great deal of self satisfaction and i was really proud of myself....you feel like you could play anything :)
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:43 pm

metal drummer 27 wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:

but i found that once you learn to play a song like a change of seasons, you get a great deal of self satisfaction and i was really proud of myself....you feel like you could play anything :)

My self satisfaction etc etc shot the hell up when I played the drums one morning straight from 8am till 11am!!! ^_^
That was FUN!!! Lots of very fast playing too! That was also after having been up the whole night before and day before... and then I had to go to school to take finals. :P
metal drummer 27
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:54 pm

phoenix7289 wrote:
metal drummer 27 wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:

My self satisfaction etc etc shot the hell up when I played the drums one morning straight from 8am till 11am!!! ^_^
That was FUN!!! Lots of very fast playing too! That was also after having been up the whole night before and day before... and then I had to go to school to take finals. :P

WOAH, i think my satisfaction has just been shot down hahaha, i must get playing! :)
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:55 pm

metal drummer 27 wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
metal drummer 27 wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:

WOAH, i think my satisfaction has just been shot down hahaha, i must get playing! :)

bah! Quantity and quality... your playing was probably more quality filled than mine though! I am not as amazing as I wish I could be... I mean, sure after being awake that long it was impressive... but I don't know if I would've succeeded without that Monster M-80 energy drink! :wink:
josdrummer08
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:36 am

Mine are

Stairway To Heaven- led zepplin- john bonam

Jesus Of Suburbia- Green Day- tre cool

Detriot Rock City- Kiss

Last Kiss- Pearl jam
Beej
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:57 pm

Fun songs huh? Hmm, as far as fun and not having to think too much about it, lol....I'ma have to say Dr. Feelgood. I love the insertion of the open hihats. There are alot more, I'm just too tired to think. Been a long day.
pinballwizard
new
new

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:03 pm

Fly By Night- Rush
Moving for the Sake of Motion- Underoath
It's dangerous business walking out your front dorr- Underoath
Funk #49- James Gang
and most zeppelin songs.