Help!

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Rob Crisp
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:39 am

£1400 is a good budget mate, my Starclassic shell pack was about that for a 22" bass, 10" 12" and 14" toms. Do you have any friends or contacts in a drum shop? That can really help!

With the right tuning 14" toms can be thunderous, mine is immense! I went for a hanging 14" and I actually prefer it to my 16" standing tom.

Try a shed load of kits out is my advice, keep adding to that budget and only when you find the kit that really grabs you spend that cash!

Let us know how it goes! :-)
DrumsPlus
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:52 am

With the amount of $$ you are looking to spend, your possibilities pretty open. I would try a lot of different kits, make a trip to a few different stores and try them. Really if your looking at investing that amount a $$ in gas and time are going to be well worth it. I would also say, don't pay attention to the name on the kit. Sit down and play it, if it makes you want to just play more and more, you've found your baby... Please keep us posted. Good luck.
beginner

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:52 am

Rob Crisp wrote:£1400 is a good budget mate, my Starclassic shell pack was about that for a 22" bass, 10" 12" and 14" toms. Do you have any friends or contacts in a drum shop? That can really help!

With the right tuning 14" toms can be thunderous, mine is immense! I went for a hanging 14" and I actually prefer it to my 16" standing tom.

Try a shed load of kits out is my advice, keep adding to that budget and only when you find the kit that really grabs you spend that cash!

Let us know how it goes! :-)

Yer I've had an eye on the Starclassics. Unfortunatly i don't know anyone who owns a drum shop :(. I just need to go and try loads. I really like what Dave Turncrantz plays (From; Russian Circles)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RmOR1I2Q-OI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RmOR1I2Q-OI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Not sure what sizes he's got. His kit sounds awesome on thier EP.
psporter
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:24 pm